Ads not shown when logged in
Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 614

Thread: Pub annoyances #834

  1. #601
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    4,101

    Default

    2nd jab today, with a hearty 15 mile walk and a pub (or two) on the way home...

  2. #602
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stockton-on-Tees
    Posts
    720

    Default

    No real annoyances from a crawl around Urmston and Irlam over the weekend, apart from slow service in the Tim Bobbin Wetherspoons. But we did agree at the outset that the plandemic was not to be talked about as otherwise that would have been an annoyance! People want to move on.

  3. #603
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Didn't stop me lifting a couple of pints or three after.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    2nd jab today, with a hearty 15 mile walk and a pub (or two) on the way home...
    Had a very hearty 22.3-mile walk last night and the slight soreness in my right arm didn't stop me raising a few bottles of ELB's Pale which I'd bought purely for medicinal purposes. The only real problem is that in drinking from the bottle, you get a lot of froth from all the repeated inversions.

  4. #604
    Please give generously Quinno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,536

    Default

    I only had jab #1 three weeks back (and got knocked sideways by it as well), so I doubt I'll be fully-done until the end of July at the very earliest.

    Youngsters!

  5. #605
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    I only had jab #1 three weeks back (and got knocked sideways by it as well), so I doubt I'll be fully-done until the end of July at the very earliest.

    Youngsters!
    No effects for me after both jabs. I gather it seems that - ahem - younger people get worse side effects as they have better immune systems, hence a stronger reaction. Did you have the Pfffizzer shot or OU/AZ? Mine were OU/AZ. I also gather that side effects for Pfffizzer are worse for shot one than two but that it's the other way round for OU/AZ. I had an original gap of 11 not 12 weeks between #1 and #2 but then the Government gave #2 a boost hence I got #2 after just 10 weeks, so if you get a similar pattern, you should be done in another seven weeks, so mid-July perhaps, but it takes another two weeks to become fully flame retardant.

  6. #606
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    1,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    I also gather that side effects for Pfffizzer are worse for shot one than two but that it's the other way round for OU/AZ.
    I think it's horses for courses: my mum, aunt-in-law and 'er indoors all had Pfizer and felt worse after jab 2. I had AZ #2 this afternoon. No effect #1, we'll see what tomorrow brings. But my brother felt AZ#2 was worse.

  7. #607
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Out saving pubs and enjoying it.
    Posts
    4,795

    Default

    2 x Pfizers and no ill effects whatsoever save for a sore arm.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  8. #608
    I'll stay on me own
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    2 x Pfizers and no ill effects whatsoever save for a sore arm.
    All down here after the vax then? (sorry, couldn't resist)
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

  9. #609
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Out saving pubs and enjoying it.
    Posts
    4,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    All down here after the vax then? (sorry, couldn't resist)
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  10. #610
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    I think it's horses for courses: my mum, aunt-in-law and 'er indoors all had Pfizer and felt worse after jab 2. I had AZ #2 this afternoon. No effect #1, we'll see what tomorrow brings. But my brother felt AZ#2 was worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    2 x Pfizers and no ill effects whatsoever save for a sore arm.
    My second AZ last Sunday and nothing for either. But a friend (52) felt nothing after her first Pfizer, but after her second a few days ago, was taken to St. Mary's Hospital to have fluid drained from her lungs before being taken to the haematology ward at Hammersmith hospital with haemolysis (had to look that one up) where she is now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    All down here after the vax then? (sorry, couldn't resist)
    A pre-jab drink here. 'Arms' has been removed, but you get the pun.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •