Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 103

Thread: Wemberley, Wemberley we're all pi**ed up and we're going to Wemberley...

  1. #41
    Official JDW Tester hopwas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Beat Guisley 1-0 on snow filled pitch and was watched by crowd of 291. We now play winners of Cambridge and Salisbury away in Quarter Final on 20th Feb. Just 3 more matches (Quarter and two legs of Semi) before Final at Wembley!!

    We have reached Final before but was held at Villa instead of Wembley as they were rebuilding at that time.
    Sadly we got knocked out by Salisbury in Quarter final and result was 0 2. Over 1,000 watched the game and I didnt make to the game cos I was skint.

    Never mind.. Next up at home is Gateshead on this Tuesday.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

  2. #42
    Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    1,644

    Default

    i have been to Gateshead's ground - listen out for them shouting cummon' th' heed (come on the [Gates]head in English)
    MILD:

  3. #43
    Spritzer Swallower
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    34

    Default



  4. #44
    I Keep Mine Hidden Delboy20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    1,137

    Default

    Hmmmm nice - old photo I see !!

    Certainly not from this season because Shrek hasn't scored against us ( tempting fate I know !! ).

    Early night for me. Heading down to London early in the morning, should be a good session tomorrow.

    Cheers each,

    Del.
    Last edited by Delboy20; 26-02-2010 at 21:30.

  5. #45
    Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Personally I'm getting rather stressed. My lad supports Fulham, and I have no problem cherry picking games to take him to, eg Burnley, Wigan, Stoke etc and various cup ties. We've been to all the Europa league homes, priced nice and cheap and a lot of fun.
    Suddenly they are within one game of a Wembley semi final and in the last 16 of the EL! I really don't want to play anymore and want to get off the rollercoaster now but I can't let him down. It's also starting to interfere with me supporting Alty when I can.
    Come on Tottenham, and Juve!

  6. #46
    Spritzer Swallower
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Damn!
    Delboy is 4 3 up in 'Smiley-flag-wavers'..... best add a couple more in the 9th min of 'Fergietime' to clinch it 5 4!!



  7. #47
    The Beerhunter. RogerB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dartford, Kentshire near Londinium.
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    Personally I'm getting rather stressed. My lad supports Fulham, and I have no problem cherry picking games to take him to, eg Burnley, Wigan, Stoke etc and various cup ties. We've been to all the Europa league homes, priced nice and cheap and a lot of fun.
    Suddenly they are within one game of a Wembley semi final and in the last 16 of the EL! I really don't want to play anymore and want to get off the rollercoaster now but I can't let him down. It's also starting to interfere with me supporting Alty when I can.
    Come on Tottenham, and Juve!
    My ticket for Fulham v Spurs Cup tie was only 25 (as opposed to the 49 they charged us for the league fixture) so no excuse for at least one more trip, especially to see the mighty Spurs. No need for you to worry about any Wembley semi's though!

  8. #48
    Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    My ticket for Fulham v Spurs Cup tie was only 25 (as opposed to the 49 they charged us for the league fixture) so no excuse for at least one more trip, especially to see the mighty Spurs. No need for you to worry about any Wembley semi's though!
    To be fair to Fulham their prices for category C games and cup ties are very fair. It is rarely more than a fiver for my son, and for example the Shaktar game was 15 for me and 5 for him. You'd pay more than that at a fair few Conference grounds.

  9. #49
    Official JDW Tester hopwas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    You'd pay more than that at a fair few Conference grounds.
    Just 12 at Tamworth I am season ticket holder in last 5 years and it works out just 7.60 per game. Bargain!
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

  10. #50
    Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Just 12 at Tamworth I am season ticket holder in last 5 years and it works out just 7.60 per game. Bargain!
    Yes, and 13 at Alty, 12 at Wimbledon down the road. I'm thinking more Oxford, Wrexham, Kettering etc. Kettering now have a rather cynical pricing structure where higher category games are charged more. When we went there as a Cat C game they closed the standing section and made us go in the seats at Cat A equivalent price!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •