Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Autumn PuG Crawl to the South.

  1. #1
    Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Huddersfield Narrow Canal
    Posts
    3,339

    Default Autumn PuG Crawl to the South.

    Thought it worth kicking off the next crawl thread as time is marching on.

    The date seems to be the first topic that needs sorting. I am all for democracy but there is an issue worth discussing.There are several of our (mainly southern) correspondents who are still plagued by work and for whom when any Friday is chosen ,they are excluded.Although there are sound reasons for choosing Fridays,I am not aware that if a Saturday is chosen there are crawlers who will be likewise excluded whatever date is chosen.There will always be certain dates that won't suit because of prior commitments but are there folk for whom a Saturday crawl will always exclude them in the same way as a Friday would ?

    In the past both London crawls (8/2/14 and 25/3/17) and the Reading crawl (13/7/13) were held on a Saturday,so is there a case purely for the next Southern crawl to focus the date selection only on Saturdays ? This might also help maximise attendance.

    Tin hat on awaiting incoming !!
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 06-08-2023 at 12:26.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

  2. #2
    Humble Wordsmith ETA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Normally Somerset, sometimes on a yacht.
    Posts
    1,601

    Default

    Do the usual - throw it out for a poll. I suspect it will be useful to decide location first though as that will affect some people's availability.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

  3. #3
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Out saving pubs and enjoying it.
    Posts
    5,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Thought it worth kicking off the next crawl thread as time is marching on.

    The date seems to be the first topic that needs sorting. I am all for democracy but there is an issue worth discussing.There are several of our (mainly southern) correspondents who are still plagued by work and for whom when any Friday is chosen ,they are excluded.Although there are sound reasons for choosing Fridays,I am not aware that if a Saturday is chosen there are crawlers who will be likewise excluded whatever date is chosen.There will always be certain dates that won't suit because of prior commitments but are there folk for whom a Saturday crawl will always exclude them in the same way as a Friday would ?

    In the past both London crawls (8/2/14 and 25/3/17) and the Reading crawl (13/7/13) were held on a Saturday,so is there a case purely for the next Southern crawl to focus the date selection only on Saturdays ? This might also help maximise attendance.

    Tin hat on awaiting incoming !!
    Currently a Saturday would suit me better though a Friday would be doable with plenty of notice.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  4. #4
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stockton-on-Tees
    Posts
    897

    Default

    I am made redundant Friday 13th October. Interviews ongoing but at the moment anything after then!

  5. #5
    This Space For Hire Wittenden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Weald of Kent
    Posts
    2,065

    Default

    My,that's inauspicious. Good luck with the search.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

  6. #6
    It wasn't me Quinno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Do the usual - throw it out for a poll. I suspect it will be useful to decide location first though as that will affect some people's availability.
    Which means it'll be a Friday. Because it always is.

    A bit of variety wouldn't go amiss.

  7. #7
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    3,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Which means it'll be a Friday. Because it always is.

    A bit of variety wouldn't go amiss.
    Friday and especially Saturday are probably the most convenient.

  8. #8
    Inndigestion Strongers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Makes no difference to me.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

  9. #9
    Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Huddersfield Narrow Canal
    Posts
    3,339

    Default

    The Friday/Saturday discussion seems to have ground to a halt,so why don't we park that and ,as ETA suggests,discuss where in the south we would like to visit.How about any of the following:

    Cardiff

    Cambridge

    Exeter

    Bermondsey Beer Mile (Would have to be a Saturday )

    Any other obvious targets that folk fancy ?
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

  10. #10
    I'll stay on me own Gann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North London
    Posts
    623

    Default

    How about Bury St Edmunds ?

    Only Joking...

    Have we ever done Bath on an official PuG crawl ? Havent personally been there in a while..
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Similar Threads

  1. Poll for date of PuG Autumn Crawl.
    By Bucking Fastard in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2022, 23:50
  2. Poll for PuG Autumn Crawl Vwnue.
    By Bucking Fastard in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2022, 12:15
  3. 2019 Autumn PuG Crawl
    By rpadam in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-07-2019, 22:42
  4. 2019 AUTUMN PUG Crawl
    By Aqualung in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 15-07-2019, 22:42
  5. Autumn/Winter PuG Crawl 2016 ?
    By Bucking Fastard in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 30-11-2016, 11:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •