Ads not shown when logged in
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Bass pubs in Stoke on Trent, Friday 2nd September 2022

  1. #1
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    4,387

    Default Bass pubs in Stoke on Trent, Friday 2nd September 2022

    This is a crawl that I was planning on doing in 2020, but other things happened. I've finally got around to revising the route, and the attached document shows the list of 11 pubs, and the route arranged so that pubs that appear to open later (according to WhatPub and the pubs' own Facebook pages, where available) are later on the schedule. There are no guarantees that opening times are correct, nor that Bass is available in every pub - in fact, one or two of the FB pages suggest that they are now serving anything *but* Bass! Four of them are on Camra's heritage pub interiors list, and another has won an award for restoration.

    Total walking distance is about 3 miles; this does not include getting to Hanley from the railway station (bus travel is preferred), and there is a bus also from the penultimate pub to the Coachmakers Arms near Hanley bus station.

    My train is due to arrive in Stoke on Trent at 11:36, so I hope to be in the first pub, the Unicorn (at 40 Piccadilly ST1 1EG) soon after 12 noon.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Come On You Hatters!

  2. #2
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Out saving pubs and enjoying it.
    Posts
    5,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    This is a crawl that I was planning on doing in 2020, but other things happened. I've finally got around to revising the route, and the attached document shows the list of 11 pubs, and the route arranged so that pubs that appear to open later (according to WhatPub and the pubs' own Facebook pages, where available) are later on the schedule. There are no guarantees that opening times are correct, nor that Bass is available in every pub - in fact, one or two of the FB pages suggest that they are now serving anything *but* Bass! Four of them are on Camra's heritage pub interiors list, and another has won an award for restoration.

    Total walking distance is about 3 miles; this does not include getting to Hanley from the railway station (bus travel is preferred), and there is a bus also from the penultimate pub to the Coachmakers Arms near Hanley bus station.

    My train is due to arrive in Stoke on Trent at 11:36, so I hope to be in the first pub, the Unicorn (at 40 Piccadilly ST1 1EG) soon after 12 noon.
    Some nice looking pubs Will, though I'd probably find the beer a bit challenging after a while.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  3. #3
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brentford
    Posts
    2,837

    Default

    I wish you well.Can we assume that the botw that week will be Bass.

  4. #4
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    4,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Can we assume that the botw that week will be Bass.
    Nice one, John! If I find as many as five out of 11 pubs with Bass on, I will be surprised. If I drink as many as five Bass, I will be even more surprised.
    Come On You Hatters!

  5. #5
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    4,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Some nice looking pubs Will, though I'd probably find the beer a bit challenging after a while.
    I'm pretty sure that most, if not all, will have beers other than Bass. If they have Bass on at all...

    I'm not tempting you, am I.
    Come On You Hatters!

  6. #6
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Out saving pubs and enjoying it.
    Posts
    5,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I'm pretty sure that most, if not all, will have beers other than Bass. If they have Bass on at all...

    I'm not tempting you, am I.
    No you're not really.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-12-2021, 09:56
  2. Stoke on Trent name changes
    By Wild Rover in forum Name changes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-01-2014, 15:07
  3. Name changes in Stoke on Trent.
    By Bucking Fastard in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-03-2013, 15:29
  4. Duplicate pubs in Stoke on Trent
    By Bucking Fastard in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-03-2011, 15:44
  5. Tidy up around Stoke on Trent.
    By Bucking Fastard in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-11-2010, 12:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •