Ads not shown when logged in
Page 359 of 362 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 3616

Thread: Random news of the day

  1. #3581
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    5,528

    Default

    Not very pub-like but Bucking Fastard might appreciate this version of the "Suez Crisis",

    Far canal.jpeg

  2. #3582
    Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Oxford Canal
    Posts
    2,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Not very pub-like but Bucking Fastard might appreciate this version of the "Suez Crisis",

    Far canal.jpeg
    Very good ! It's happened to me a few time when trying to turn around in a spot that's not wide enough.If you get really wedged the advice is to raise the boat by draining out the water tank ,so offloading some of the shipping containers on the Suez Canal boat should work ,in conjunction with a high tide and a bit of tugging.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

  3. #3583
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Very good ! It's happened to me a few time when trying to turn around in a spot that's not wide enough.If you get really wedged the advice is to raise the boat by draining out the water tank ,so offloading some of the shipping containers on the Suez Canal boat should work ,in conjunction with a high tide and a bit of tugging.
    And what would your solution be here?

  4. #3584
    Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Oxford Canal
    Posts
    2,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    And what would your solution be here?

    That's what happens if you loose concentration.River & Canal Rescue are a company who specialise in this type of recovery.They attach huge buoyancy aids to the front of the boat ,gently fill the lock while at the same time pumping out the water from inside the boat as it is raised.Hanging up happens quite a lot .
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

  5. #3585
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    1,526

    Default

    Oh dear. He should know exactly what the smokers' shelter rules are: you have to have at least 50% open sides.

    Wiltshire pub's new chalet 'breaks Covid rules'


    The Marlborough

  6. #3586
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Way out
    Posts
    4,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Oh dear. He should know exactly what the smokers' shelter rules are: you have to have at least 50% open sides.

    Wiltshire pub's new chalet 'breaks Covid rules'


    The Marlborough
    Should have done his homework.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  7. #3587
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Should have done his homework.
    ...or spent his money on angora blankets and hot water bottles.

  8. #3588
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    As predicted: possible age discrimination.

  9. #3589
    Humble Wordsmith ETA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Normally Somerset, sometimes on a yacht.
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    The Raven takes a hard line with unwelcome customer: https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/...ndlord-5316669
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

  10. #3590
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    1,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    The Raven takes a hard line with unwelcome customer: https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/...ndlord-5316669
    Good old twitterstorm going on. Thankfully for all concerned it will be forgotten by most in a day or two, though I fear the landlord will be deified among the more curmudgeonly of the blogosphere.

Similar Threads

  1. a swift one - Good News and Bad News
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 06:17
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 07:14
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-05-2010, 09:03
  4. Random beer news of the day
    By Conrad in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 07:28
  5. Random Corrections
    By PubWatcher002 in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 14:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •