Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why haven't beer prices come down?

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

at normal pub gross margins that works out to 11p on a pint of Strongbow and 12 to 13p on the Fosters, fortunately I don't drink either but I'd like to see how many licensees will get away with that level of increase.

This Space For Hire

I see on Twitter that the landlord of the Eagle Ale House a Enterprise pub in Clapham area had to pay £145.77 for a firkin of Surrey Hills -Greensand ipa 4.6.Assuming he gets 70 pints from it that's £2.08 a pint.Dearer than some pubs are selling beer for oop north.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I see on Twitter that the landlord of the Eagle Ale House a Enterprise pub in Clapham area had to pay £145.77 for a firkin of Surrey Hills -Greensand ipa 4.6.Assuming he gets 70 pints from it that's £2.08 a pint.Dearer than some pubs are selling beer for oop north.
    A good reason to avoid Enterprise pubs, but having said that to the best of my knowledge all three E17 GBG listed pubs are owned by Enterpise.
    It's not Surrey Hills charging them that, it's Lack Of Enterprise who fix it, and I believe the brewery also have to deliver it to the pub. It's the same sort of price that my local Wild Card Brewery charge for Joe Public to take away.
    I expect Lack Of Enterprise are ripping them off so they can flog off the trendy Clapham site to help pay off their huge debts. Either that or they are riggng the prices for pubs that are considered to be in a trendy affluent area. I heard on the grapevine that the Nags Head in the heart of trendy Walthamstow village had beer prices over four quid a pint.
    I would add that JDW do a similar thing, their pub at Balham is far more expensive than the Tooting one and nowhere near as good, although they are both fairly typical Old School London Spoons.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Nice pub and nice beer, shame about all the political (greed) b"^&£"ks that goes with it.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Nice pub and nice beer, shame about all the political (greed) b"^&£"ks that goes with it.
    I t is a good pub and good beer.
    I used to pop in to one of my local pubs pub on my way home for a couple of pints 2 or 3 nights a week until about 5 years ago.Decided tonight to pop in the Ealing Park Tavern my nearest pub.Two superb pints Great heck -black jesus and Northern Monk-pale ale £4.50 AND £4.30.£8.80 for 2 pints. Will not be resuming my former habit.

This Space For Hire

Ouch

This Space For Hire

£4.75 for a pint of Westerham 1730 in a Taylor Walker (aka Greedy King) pub the other day

£4 for a pint of Burning Sky Plateau (3.5%abv). Excellent beer,but I've never knowingly spent that money on a session bitter.Shepherd & Dog (West Sussex, not far from Brighton.)
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Taylor Walker (aka Greedy King)
    Taylor Walker is part of the Spirit Pub Company, and that hasn't been taken over by Greene King... yet. The Greene King and Spirit shareholders voted to accept the deal last week (the 13th) by about 99.9% to 0.1% in both cases. However, the transaction has yet to be completed - possibly sometime next month (and by 31 May 2015 at the latest).