Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for additions to the Blog Tracker

Default Suggestions for additions to the Blog Tracker

I mentioned this to Dave some time last year, and it's been on the back burner for quite a while now, with (I suspect) the gas accidentally turned off.

In the early days of this site there seem to have been quite a few blogs added to the Blog Tracker sub-forum, but I reckon a lot of them are no longer functioning, or have had their URLs changed or something, as nowadays there are only about half a dozen being picked up. Most of which are Shut up about Barclay Perkins, which seems to have new posts appearing several times a day.

Anyway, in the topmost thread there is a request (#41)to send any future suggestions for inclusion in Blog Tracker to this Requests forum, so here I am.

I think about beer

The Snap and the Hiss

The Wicking Man

Wee Beefy's Pub Blog

Lady sinks the booze

Retired Martin

Pubmeister Writes

Life After Football

Good Beer Hunting

Appellation Beer

Bring on the Beer

Towards the Purrfect Pint

A Good Beer Blog

The Fatal Glass of Beer

JC's Beer Blog

Oh Good Ale

Ed's Beer Site

Beervana: The Blog

Lost Beers - The history of beer from Belgium, The Netherlands (Holland), and elsewhere.

[The Beer and Pubs Forum - but see discussion below about a more appropriate way of linking to this.]

Imbibe

Beer Compurgation

Afro-Beer-Chick

All the pubs we've ever been to ever

Will Hawkes

Seeing The Lizards

Brapa

Refreshing Beer

Look at brew

The Beer Nut

Fuggled

The Ale in Kaleigh

Real Ale, Real Music

Prop Up The Bar

Beer et seq

Pub Gallery blog

I'll update this list as and when I come across any others that I think might be worth adding - until Dave admits he doesn't know how to add new blogs to the Blog Tracker!
    Last edited by sheffield hatter; 07-01-2024 at 12:09.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I mentioned this to Dave some time last year, and it's been on the back burner for quite a while now, with (I suspect) the gas accidentally turned off.

In the early days of this site there seem to have been quite a few blogs added to the Blog Tracker sub-forum, but I reckon a lot of them are no longer functioning, or have had their URLs changed or something, as nowadays there are only about half a dozen being picked up. Most of which are Shut up about Barclay Perkins, which seems to have new posts appearing several times a day.

Anyway, in the topmost thread there is a request (#41)to send any future suggestions for inclusion in Blog Tracker to this Requests forum, so here I am.

I think about beer

The Snap and the Hiss

The Wicking Man

The Beer and Pubs Forum

Wee Beefy's Pub Blog

Lady sinks the booze

Retired Martin

I'll update this list as and when I come across any others that I think might be worth adding - until Dave admits he doesn't know how to add new blogs to the Blog Tracker!
    An overdue and agreeable post, however despite personally being a contributor, as well as yourself, The Beer and Pubs Forum , is a Forum and not a blog?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    An overdue and agreeable post, however despite personally being a contributor, as well as yourself, The Beer and Pubs Forum , is a Forum and not a blog?
    I thought about that before including it, but I don't see any reason why we shouldn't have a link to it from this forum. I could be wrong...
    Come On You Hatters!

I thought about that before including it, but I don't see any reason why we shouldn't have a link to it from this forum. I could be wrong...
    Yes but I just wondered how it would work, as every new blog post appears at the top of the list and then slips down the list as it gets superseded by a newer blog. If the forum link was just a link it would soon slip from view down the list, (unless made sticky). I don't think every new post appearing on the blog list would be right even though posts aren't as prolific as this forum. Just my thoughts and I could well be wrong.

Anyway I would also add these blogs to Wills list.
    Pubmeister Writes
    Life After Football
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 12-01-2020 at 09:35.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Yes but I just wondered how it would work, as every new blog post appears at the top of the list and then slips down the list as it gets superseded by a newer blog. If the forum link was just a link it would soon slip from view down the list, (unless made sticky). I don't think every new post appearing on the blog list would be right even though posts aren't as prolific as this forum. Just my thoughts and I could well be wrong.
    No, you're probably correct. I must admit I hadn't considered the technical aspects or how to present the results. I'd just been thinking that a link from our forum to others would possibly be of benefit to users in terms of opening communication. But better to limit the Blog Tracker to what it says on the tin.
    Come On You Hatters!

Thanks, I've added them plus a couple that I came across through Boak & Bailey's nuggets this weekend.
    Come On You Hatters!

No, you're probably correct. I must admit I hadn't considered the technical aspects or how to present the results. I'd just been thinking that a link from our forum to others would possibly be of benefit to users in terms of opening communication. But better to limit the Blog Tracker to what it says on the tin.
    Perhaps linking to it from this page would be more appropriate? - https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/links.php

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    Perhaps linking to it from this page would be more appropriate? - https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/links.php
    Good idea! I'd completely forgotten about that page. Probably because it is not visible - I can get there by following your link, and in the left hand column (under "other bits") there is a link back to the same page (it's called Other Pub Sites), but if I click out of the page I'm then in a page where none of this is available. The obvious place for this would be at the top of the main page where there's an Other Bits section - another button could be added there. Or it could be added to the Stats & Features page - it's a feature, isn't it?
    Come On You Hatters!

Just giving this thread a bump, to stop it slipping down the forum. If anyone knows how to make a thread sticky, that would be helpful.

Also if anyone knows how to get Dave's attention, I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks.
    Come On You Hatters!

If anyone knows how to make a thread sticky, that would be helpful.

Also if anyone knows how to get Dave's attention, I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks.
    The first one I can do, the second...…………..
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas