Ads not shown when logged in
Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Review???? (Suggestions for removal)

Administrator

Hi oldboots,

Thanks for that one, it definitely needed to be removed.

Millay, have to say that I don't see how that is a review, it tells us nothing about the pub, it is a 1 drop comment by someone we have never seen before - for all I know it could be the local competition running a smear campaign. Beyond that regardless of anything else misreporting price is a crime, and this isn't the place for reporting crimes, especially if they are making it up.

Administrator

As an addendum to the last post I think that as a rule of cuff assume any comment you read on the site is a lie and completely made up - having made that assumption think about what could happen to this site if we were sued and asked to prove that the comment left was true (libel has a reverse burden of proof).

So where someone says "this was a lovely pub, we had a fantastic time and would go back again", it is highly unlikely we will suffer negative consequences if it is proven that was a lie.

Where someone says "they had a board saying the beer was £3 but they charged me £3.50 and said they can charge whatever they like" and we can't demonstrate it happened we have effectively accused them of criminal behaviour and it is quite serious in it's implications.

I am willing to stick my neck out a little for our regular reviewers many of whom I have met - because I believe they would stand behind their comments if it came to it. Where some t1t has joined us just to drop 1 comment bitching about some place they went to and have an axe to grind we should just delete it. As I have said before, if we are sued the site closes as we cannot afford to defend it.

Red face

"the pub did hit the headlines a few years ago when ex Blue Peter presenter turned DJ Richard Bacon famously got a pasting in the bogs downstairs"
    if i rated pubs that would certainly merit a bonus point
    Last edited by Galore Admin; 16-11-2011 at 10:36. Reason: link removed
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Administrator

Hi hondo,

It is part of the flavour text and not the point of the review, also it is Roger, so fine to let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Galore Admin View Post
    Hi hondo,

It is part of the flavour text and not the point of the review, also it is Roger, so fine to let it go.
    sorry wasn't asking for it to be removed just highlighting it i should've put it in another thread roger
    Last edited by hondo; 16-11-2011 at 10:46.
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This one deserves to be deleted twice, if only that were possible, for a) ranting, and b) mentioning a better pub across the road but not posting a review there.
    Last edited by Galore Admin; 19-11-2011 at 00:17. Reason: Links removed
    Come On You Hatters!

Administrator

More than agreed. Now gone.

Thanks for that sheffield hatter.

I don't know what to make of this one. It's a very derogatory post by someone who's posted 27 reviews. I don't like the use of the phrase "avoid at all costs", especially as the poster states that he's not been there for some time and another reviewer says how nice the place is. The two reviews a few months apart flatly contradict each other, so it just reads like someone with an axe to grind. But as it comes from someone with a sizable review history, I'm reluctant to just ask you to delete. Perhaps you could look at the other reviews from the same poster to get a general idea of their worth to the site before deciding whether you want to delete this one or not.

Cheers
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I don't know what to make of this one. It's a very derogatory post by someone who's posted 27 reviews. I don't like the use of the phrase "avoid at all costs", especially as the poster states that he's not been there for some time and another reviewer says how nice the place is. The two reviews a few months apart flatly contradict each other, so it just reads like someone with an axe to grind. But as it comes from someone with a sizable review history, I'm reluctant to just ask you to delete. Perhaps you could look at the other reviews from the same poster to get a general idea of their worth to the site before deciding whether you want to delete this one or not.

Cheers
    He clearly doesn't like it. But I suspect the first (one-drop) reviewer may not be unrelated to the management. Glad it's not for me to decide!

Administrator

I can certainly see your problem, but it appears to be part of his style, and he has at least reviewed pubs he likes. Review is marked as over a year old and makes it clear it is older, so personally I have no real problem with it.