Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Las Iguanas - A pub or not?

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Normally, what a dwarf can see it on the list of things to approve... but as bcfczuluarmy's recent post proves it turns out that there are also 'hidden' things that can be approved if they are advised by some other means.
    Ah that's as clear as as an unfined ale.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Normally, what a dwarf can see it on the list of things to approve... but it turns out that there are also 'hidden' things that can be approved...
    or not

...and this seems to be what's behind the photos that some people cannot see on the photos page (and are therefore unable to suppress) but which nevertheless appear on the pub summary page. At least, that's what I understood Dave to mean when we discussed this last week. Something about mysterious ways...wonders...perform...
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Here is a pub showing 2 awaiting approval pictures The Kings Head any insight?

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Here is a pub showing 2 awaiting approval pictures The Kings Head any insight?
    Indeed, but they are not visible for a mere dwarf to approve unfortunately...

Spritzer Swallower

Good Evening all.

Once again I am totally confused with this terminology.

Having contributed photos for many years, and, I have to add, spent a good sum of money on transport in doing so is it in any way possible to answer my questions:-

How long will it take to "approve" my current submissions? They are not all years old - some are recent.

I am led to believe that photos are "approved" the same day. I am sure that this could be true if my submissions are "visible" (whatever this means), perhaps somebody could explain in plain language?

In view of the replies to my original post it seems that those who have editing access are not all united.

Somebody has had the time to make a comment on my profile to describe me as a "splitzer swallower. Well for your information whoever I am 68 years of age, I imbibe every evening and my average consumption is 6 pints per session. Grow up.

Conrad was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    How long will it take to "approve" my current submissions? They are not all years old - some are recent.

I am led to believe that photos are "approved" the same day. I am sure that this could be true if my submissions are "visible" (whatever this means), perhaps somebody could explain in plain language?
    The second sentence is the answer to the first. In, hopefully, plain language the seven dwarves have an additional button on the pubs part of Pubs Galore - see attached photo. It is on the right marked admin links and clicking on it brings up the page shown. As you can see there are no alterations or pictures awaiting approval shown. Ignore the pubs shown as waiting approval those are another bug. When a dwarf clicks on a link in the waiting approval list the pub pictures page appears and the unapproved photos will be at the bottom of the page and when a photo is selected there is a button to approve that photo. The bug is that some submitted pictures do not appear on this list and only sometimes show up on the pub page, sometimes they don't. I don't know the reason for this and it probably has existed since the site was built.

Screenshot from 2018-09-03 21:38:27.jpg

Somebody has had the time to make a comment on my profile to describe me as a "splitzer swallower. Well for your information whoever I am 68 years of age, I imbibe every evening and my average consumption is 6 pints per session. Grow up.
    This is not a comment made by someone, the sobriquet "Spritzer Swallower" is attached by the system according to the number of posts you have made, I believe after a certain number of posts you can change it to something more suitable, mine is "old & bitter", others have for example "Pub researcher (unpaid)" or "Humble Wordsmith", it is edited by clicking on the word "settings" at the top right of the screen, then "edit profile" in the "my settings" box on the left; the second item down is marked "Custom User Title" and may allow you to change the words.

Spritzer Swallower

Thanks Old Boots for taking the time to reply.

There seems little point in making further contributions to PG at this time as it appears to me that somebody is deliberately hiding my photos so that you guys cannot approve them. I do not understand why this is being done but I have a strong suspicion.

Good luck.

Thanks Old Boots for taking the time to reply.

There seems little point in making further contributions to PG at this time as it appears to me that somebody is deliberately hiding my photos so that you guys cannot approve them. I do not understand why this is being done but I have a strong suspicion.

Good luck.
    No you are quite wrong, no-one is deliberately hiding your photos, I found some of mine that weren't visible and I have discovered them from other posters as well, it is a software bug not a conspiracy.

Going back to the original point of this thread, there is already so much worthless dross listed on this site and that continues to get added to by a few usual suspects who I doubt make any effort to establish whether they are adding a "pub".
    It's got to the stage where I rely more on What Pub for a new area.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Going back to the original point of this thread, there is already so much worthless dross listed on this site and that continues to get added to by a few usual suspects who I doubt make any effort to establish whether they are adding a "pub".
    It's got to the stage where I rely more on What Pub for a new area.
    yep, just had one that's a B&B that someone wanted to add, no hint that they'd been in and checked you could buy a drink.