Ads not shown when logged in
Page 158 of 426 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 4260

Thread: Random news of the day

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/c...075734.article
    . There’s a terrific mix of characters, stories, facts and fun and I very much hope viewers develop a taste for it. Making beer and running a brewery is a fascinating process, add into the mix entertaining and charismatic characters and you have a recipe for must-see TV.”
    I hope every one develops a taste for it, I own shares in Marston's,
    I drink to make others more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    I hope every one develops a taste for it, I own shares in Marston's,
    I think my brother has as well.
    It's hard to see how a three part program could be made about a company smaller than Marston's.
    At least it wasn't Heineken UK or Mouldy Sores in which case I would have avoided the program like the plague!

Default not so young

"brewer, founded in 1876, will once again be known in its entirety as"
    http://www.wellsandyoungs.co.uk/home/news/charles-wells
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    "brewer, founded in 1876, will once again be known in its entirety as"
    http://www.wellsandyoungs.co.uk/home/news/charles-wells
    Does anyone else remember Well's Fargo beer? This was their response to the hugely succesful Ruddles County in the 1970s when they still had some credibility as a regional brewer. Ruddles sold out to Grand Met and Fargo was replaced with the immensely boring and increasingly watered down Bombardier.
    A Charles Wells pub today might as well have a huge sign with the single word "AVOID" hung on it as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Does anyone else remember Well's Fargo beer? This was their response to the hugely succesful Ruddles County in the 1970s when they still had some credibility as a regional brewer. Ruddles sold out to Grand Met and Fargo was replaced with the immensely boring and increasingly watered down Bombardier.
    Now you mention it... Preferred Paines EG myself: a great lowland river of a beer.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

A Charles Wells pub today might as well have a huge sign with the single word "AVOID" hung on it as far as I'm concerned.
    I have to say I generally adopt this rule of thumb.In some other parts of the country there are long established regional brewers,often family owned,that also fall into this category.To my mind ,they all seem stuck in a time warp.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Now you mention it... Preferred Paines EG myself: a great lowland river of a beer.
    I remember Paine's, they were dead keen on getting CAMRA groups to visit their brewery and I managed to go there twice. My rercollection is that the beer quality in their tied houses was inconsistent (and that's being kind!).
    EG was far too malty and seet for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    I have to say I generally adopt this rule of thumb.In some other parts of the country there are long established regional brewers,often family owned,that also fall into this category.To my mind ,they all seem stuck in a time warp.
    As an exampe of a brewery who have got things right I would select Adnam's. They haven't changed their recipes to my knowledge, all their orignal beers that I can recall are still going and thay haven't watered any down. They've also shown they can do the business with so called craft beers. Compare that to Wadworth's whose latest "American" beer for Spoons just tastes like a strong wadworth's beer.

This Space For Hire

As an exampe of a brewery who have got things right I would select Adnam's. They haven't changed their recipes to my knowledge, all their orignal beers that I can recall are still going and thay haven't watered any down. They've also shown they can do the business with so called craft beers. Compare that to Wadworth's whose latest "American" beer for Spoons just tastes like a strong wadworth's beer.
    Agree with both your points Adnams the best regional and why do Wetherspoon bring one of the best brewers from America and send him to Wadworth.