Ads not shown when logged in
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Rules Stuff

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Hi, thought I would give my thoughts.

Masks and T & T no problem. Will not load NHS app as I don't trust the bluetooth, and don't want isolation if my app picks up someone passing my pub window on bluetooth. I have had a day out in Sheffield, Peterborough, Beeston, Shrewsbury, Tamworth and 2 in Derby as well as supporting our local pubs and breweries once or twice a week since we were let loose from lockdown. Plan to do Reading as I keep seeing the reports of the Nags Head beers. Going to Darlington for the Snooker Club fest, if it manages to stay on which I doubt, but I have a Premier booked so will see. I did try a night away in Travelodge for Stockport to do the Petersgate Tollgate Monster weekend which was great.

I had £400 worth of travelodge vouchers from 2020 cancelled plans, so have a couple of spells booked for York, and one for Bristol for next year, hoping we can use them.

No problems at all with trains, or the table service in pubs worked ok for us too. We don't do nights, so tend to be able to walk in to pubs but have booked tables where we really wanted to get in for a reason.

What I don't like is being served food and drinks at my table where I have no mask, by a server who wears no mask and stands talking over me as has happened in 2 JDW pubs. I queried it on both occasions and got told they were exempt. Hmmmm.

New normal seems here to stay for some time, so we look after ourselves as best as we can, but living my life. We have a couple of amazing off licences for cans and bottles which kept us going when pubs were closed, but the freedom to travel and support the pubs is what counts to us.

I keep my own list of everywhere I have been, and after 21 days, delete them.

Stay safe as I reckon this will be our way of life for some time to come.

Gill
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post

Masks and T & T no problem. Will not load NHS app as I don't trust the bluetooth, and don't want isolation if my app picks up someone passing my pub window on bluetooth. I have had a day out in Sheffield, Peterborough, Beeston, Shrewsbury, Tamworth and 2 in Derby as well as supporting our local pubs and breweries once or twice a week since we were let loose from lockdown. Plan to do Reading as I keep seeing the reports of the Nags Head beers. Going to Darlington for the Snooker Club fest, if it manages to stay on which I doubt, but I have a Premier booked so will see. I did try a night away in Travelodge for Stockport to do the Petersgate Tollgate Monster weekend which was great.

I had £400 worth of travelodge vouchers from 2020 cancelled plans, so have a couple of spells booked for York, and one for Bristol for next year, hoping we can use them.

No problems at all with trains, or the table service in pubs worked ok for us too. We don't do nights, so tend to be able to walk in to pubs but have booked tables where we really wanted to get in for a reason.

What I don't like is being served food and drinks at my table where I have no mask, by a server who wears no mask and stands talking over me as has happened in 2 JDW pubs. I queried it on both occasions and got told they were exempt. Hmmmm.

New normal seems here to stay for some time, so we look after ourselves as best as we can, but living my life. We have a couple of amazing off licences for cans and bottles which kept us going when pubs were closed, but the freedom to travel and support the pubs is what counts to us.

Gill
    Nice to hear from you, Gill. Seems like years since I saw you and Ray at the beer festival in Birmingham, but it was only eight months ago.

I think the NHS Covid App bluetooth thingy doesn't bother about short term proximity such as someone walking past your window. If they stopped for 20 minutes or so to deliver an oration it might pick them up, but otherwise you'll be ok. I find it handy for logging into pubs using the NHS QR code.
    Come On You Hatters!

...Going to Darlington for the Snooker Club fest, if it manages to stay on which I doubt, but I have a Premier booked so will see. ...

I had £400 worth of travelodge vouchers from 2020 cancelled plans, so have a couple of spells booked for York, and one for Bristol for next year, hoping we can use them...

Gill
    Don't hold your breathe for Darlo; Durham and Tees Valley along with Tyne & Wear and parts of Northumberland are likely to go into Tier 2* sooner rather than later.

It was announced this morning that York is Tier 2 now which fortunately doesn't stop pub going. I'm booked to go to Brum next month but haven't booked the trains yet, it'll cost me £90 so I'm holding off as long as possible, I think it is Tier 2 but unless it's a 3 I'm still going.

Sheffield and Leeds/Bradford will probably be Tier 3 soon as well, bad luck Will.

*already are, I meant Tier 3. Doh.
    Last edited by oldboots; 15-10-2020 at 17:52.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Sheffield and Leeds/Bradford will probably be Tier 3 soon as well, bad luck Will.
    Yeah, luckily I've got plenty of beer in the cupboard under the stairs! In the meantime I'm supporting my local pubs as much as I can, without taking any risks, of course.
    Come On You Hatters!

Gill
    Hi Gill - what are you thinking doing all that?!! You're using common sense based on a lifetime of experience! They'll have you for that! Seriously, keep up the good work.

This Space For Hire

I've never seen any of the messages the BBC shows, are they the Android versions?
    No. The only thing with Androids currently broadcast by the BBC would be Battlestar Galactica.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Nice to hear from you, Gill. Seems like years since I saw you and Ray at the beer festival in Birmingham, but it was only eight months ago.

I think the NHS Covid App bluetooth thingy doesn't bother about short term proximity such as someone walking past your window. If they stopped for 20 minutes or so to deliver an oration it might pick them up, but otherwise you'll be ok. I find it handy for logging into pubs using the NHS QR code.
    Yes. The Bluetooth element uses a strong element of proximity for a certain period of time, so a fleeting pass won't have any effect. The NHS app requires very little information which supposedly won't be passed on to third parties, unlike some other pub apps. It doesn't require the user to enter their bank details and it's far easier to use than other apps, which sometimes the user to go to a website and write their autobiography.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

I'm booked to go to Brum next month but haven't booked the trains yet, it'll cost me £90...
    £90... really?? That's nuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    £90... really?? That's nuts!!
    There are no Leeds-Birmingham trains listed on the required date so I'll need to go via Kings Cross & Euston and no Advance tickets for BHM-LDS coming back although there are trains. I looked again and can get it down to around £70. £20 LDS-KGX on the Azuma and £10 EUS-BHM, coming back is £43 BHM-LDS; plus bus home from Leeds.

I haven't checked the intermediate stages via Sheffield, Burton and Derby.

This Space For Hire

There are no Leeds-Birmingham trains listed on the required date
    CrossCountry are not booking very far ahead, especially for weekends, so hold tight and check their website as direct November trains will be added at some point.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement