Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Targets

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino View Post
    Hertford, Hitchin, St Albans, Welwyn and Winchester have been on the hit list for some time, so am hoping to get around to these at some point this year as well as completing W1 (29 pubs to go) and starting to make a dent in NW1. This year's loose target is 300 new visits - we'll see how it goes.
    Let me know when you are visiting Hertford,very happy to offer any guidance you may need around my home town.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino View Post
    Hertford, Hitchin, St Albans, Welwyn and Winchester have been on the hit list for some time, so am hoping to get around to these at some point this year as well as completing W1 (29 pubs to go) and starting to make a dent in NW1. This year's loose target is 300 new visits - we'll see how it goes.
    Regarding Winchester there are a few decent/good pubs in the town centre, (and some rubbish), but in my experience, the very best are a bit of a hike on the periphery. The Hyde Tavern, (not too far off the beaten track from the train station) The Black Boy,
    Fulflood Arms and The Queen Inn. In my view probably the best of the best but they are the four compass points apart, a hell of a lot of walking but worth it.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 12-01-2018 at 21:12.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

After annoyingly having to cancel this weeks trip to Grimsby and Cleethorpes due to the northern rail strike,will be going next week to Alfreton, Ripley and Belper followed by Peterborough the following week then after 2 weeks in the Caribbean will continue with Birmingham and Coventry then 3 visits to the Nottngham area.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Let me know when you are visiting Hertford,very happy to offer any guidance you may need around my home town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Regarding Winchester there are a few decent/good pubs in the town centre, (and some rubbish), but in my experience, the very best are a bit of a hike on the periphery. The Hyde Tavern, (not too far off the beaten track from the train station) The Black Boy,
    Fulflood Arms and The Queen Inn. In my view probably the best of the best but they are the four compass points apart, a hell of a lot of walking but worth it.
    Thanks Gents - much appreciated. Will drop you both a line independently when the time[s] arise[s].
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Rover View Post
    After annoyingly having to cancel this weeks trip to Grimsby and Cleethorpes due to the northern rail strike,will be going next week to Alfreton, Ripley and Belper followed by Peterborough the following week then after 2 weeks in the Caribbean will continue with Birmingham and Coventry then 3 visits to the Nottngham area.
    Have you seen the news about the fire at Nottingham Rail Station? I'm glad I don't have any current trips to Nottingham planned as it looked pretty serious. I'm guessing the fire took hold in the old wooden parts of the station rather than the new bit. If I remember rightly the staircases are all wooden and if they were destroyed then I wouldn't like to guess when it will open again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Have you seen the news about the fire at Nottingham Rail Station? I'm glad I don't have any current trips to Nottingham planned as it looked pretty serious. I'm guessing the fire took hold in the old wooden parts of the station rather than the new bit. If I remember rightly the staircases are all wooden and if they were destroyed then I wouldn't like to guess when it will open again.
    #Nottingham - Network Rail have made an assessment of the station, and have declared it safe for platforms 1-5 to be reopened for the start of service today; however, platforms 6 and 7 will remain closed.

#Nottingham - Nottingham station currently has reduced facilities, including no lifts, no step free access and no toilet facilities. Customers travelling to/from Nottingham who require assistance are advised to speak to station staff, or on-board train staff, for further advice.

More info at http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/servic...ns/181344.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    #Nottingham - Network Rail have made an assessment of the station, and have declared it safe for platforms 1-5 to be reopened for the start of service today; however, platforms 6 and 7 will remain closed.

#Nottingham - Nottingham station currently has reduced facilities, including no lifts, no step free access and no toilet facilities. Customers travelling to/from Nottingham who require assistance are advised to speak to station staff, or on-board train staff, for further advice.

More info at http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/servic...ns/181344.aspx
    Thanks for that, I heard on the news that the station was running again but it's still bad news for the disabled or clapped out old gits like myself. I'll leave a return to Nottingham until later in the year.