Ads not shown when logged in
Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloody Awful Beer Of The Week

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Fixed Wheel -- No Brakes IPA

With a bit of time to kill before my train home after the PuG crawl,I weaved my way to the Great Western and decided to treat myself to a strong IPA 5.9%.What came out of the pump was in fine condition but was so sweet as to be utterly undrinkable.Never before have I had anything like it,syrupy and reeking of alcohol it was like Abbot Reserve on steroids.I've never left a beer in there before.......
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Fixed Wheel -- No Brakes IPA

With a bit of time to kill before my train home after the PuG crawl,I weaved my way to the Great Western and decided to treat myself to a strong IPA 5.9%.What came out of the pump was in fine condition but was so sweet as to be utterly undrinkable.Never before have I had anything like it,syrupy and reeking of alcohol it was like Abbot Reserve on steroids.I've never left a beer in there before.......
    They often have a Fixed Wheel guest in there and I thought I'd had that one but can't find it on my BOTW Notepad list. I've found them to be reasonably OK but not really top notch.

The Celt Experience Bleddyn was one of the better options to grace the national Wetherspoon guest list so I was interested to try what is now Celt Bleddyn. The old beer featured New World hops but this was just sweet and tasted like they had forgotten to add any. It could have been a beer from Wadworth or even er, Evan Evans. It's on the current JDW national list and is well worth avoiding.

BABOTW Celt Bleddyn
    Last edited by Aqualung; 19-08-2017 at 20:44.

Popped into Friends of Ham on Sunday in Leeds.

I couldn't quite see what was on the bar but I noticed a beer I hadn't had before Wilde Child Beyond Redemption.

I tried my pint and it was very sweet and sickly and tasted of pineapple.

I had a closer look at the pump clip and at the bottom in small letters was written Pineapple Milkshake Pale.

Absolute filth and for the first time in a long while I couldn't finish a beer.

The barmaid was fine about it and gave me a half of Ilkley Tribus Lupulus instead.

She said that a lot of people couldn't finish it.

The worst beer I've tried in a long time with the perfect name. Beyond Redemption.
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 28-03-2018 at 22:20.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Popped into Friends of Ham on Sunday in Leeds.

I had a closer look at the pump clip and at the bottom in small letters was written Pineapple Milkshake Pale.

Why on G*d's earth??
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

I can't imagine pineapple ever working as an ingredient as it has very low acidity. Furthermore, whoever came up with the idea of putting it on top of a pizza should be sectioned. Presumably the "milkshake" part of it is added lactose which will make it even sweeter. The concept is disgusting let alone the outcome!

As I mentioned on the Beer of the Week thread two mingers for me this week,

Full Mash Mangelbrot (named after a Polish mathematician) and Blackfriars Porter, neither much cop but the Mangel-rot was worse

As part of the rescue package the The Blue Bell in York now a has permanent Laines brewery beer on the bar for 12 months.

It's been rebadged as "Obligation". Whatever it is it's King Awful, as are most Laines beers in my opinion. I couldn't finish more than half of my pint.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

As part of the rescue package the The Blue Bell in York now a has permanent Laines brewery beer on the bar for 12 months.

It's been rebadged as "Obligation". Whatever it is it's King Awful, as are most Laines beers in my opinion. I couldn't finish more than half of my pint.
    This is why I drink halves of beers that I am not familiar with! (My experience of Laines beers agrees pretty much with yours. King Awful indeed!)
    Come On You Hatters!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Brewdog Indie, in a tin.
    Not sure why they released this tasteless pish.