Ads not shown when logged in
Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Fair enough but I wouldn't have gone to that price especially as I would have had a pint even if surreptitiously. I've not heard of the beer / brewery and wonder if it is a UK one and if it was keg. I don't expect beers of that strength to be cheap as I know they attract the "park bench task" but if I do see them at a good price I'll give them a go. Sadly the days of cask 12% Romanov Stout at £1.99 a pint in the Leyton KW4 are lone gone! I can see a lot of transferring of beer to a bigger glass going on when I go to the Perth Brewdog in May.
    Norwegian, keg and bloody nice.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

The Cow - Landlord now £5.50 a pint (only visited as a lady suggested we meet here).

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    The Cow - Landlord now £5.50 a pint (only visited as a lady suggested we meet here).
    W..T..F....??
    Wow! I would be spinning on my heel and saying "I'll tell you what, you can keep that..."

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Holy Cow!
    Sounds like its the customers that are getting milked.

This Space For Hire

Due to there being a game of rugby at Twickenham yesterday the local Wetherspoons had 6 hand pumps with Doombar and 6 with Twickenham Naked Ladiies at the bargain price of £4.80 a pint.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Due to there being a game of rugby at Twickenham yesterday the local Wetherspoons had 6 hand pumps with Doombar and 6 with Twickenham Naked Ladiies at the bargain price of £4.80 a pint.

That's ridiculous! Is it the William Webb Ellis or another one? I wonder if they changed all their other prices. If they still had any of their drinks menu cards (or other publicity) lying around you possibly (?) could argue the case for the advertised price but the real lesson here is to avoid areas where there is a sporting event. I've had the hump with the Great Western leaving a guest pump unused for the Wolves game the following day so they could have an extra Batham's pump. I made the mistake of going to Cheltenham without checking the racing!

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    You get some funny business too at J J Moons in Wembley (and no Camra 50p vouchers allowed either on event days).

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    That's ridiculous! Is it the William Webb Ellis or another one? I wonder if they changed all their other prices. If they still had any of their drinks menu cards (or other publicity) lying around you possibly (?) could argue the case for the advertised price but the real lesson here is to avoid areas where there is a sporting event. I've had the hump with the Great Western leaving a guest pump unused for the Wolves game the following day so they could have an extra Batham's pump. I made the mistake of going to Cheltenham without checking the racing!
    They remove all the craft beers from the keg pumps and all the bottles from the fridges.Only mainstream lagers and guiness all £4.80 a pint.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    You get some funny business too at J J Moons in Wembley (and no Camra 50p vouchers allowed either on event days).
    You have just reminded me as a friend uses the Wembley spoons and they do something similar on match days.

This Space For Hire

I wonder, do you complain about pubs near sporting events because they're horrible, or do you complain because they put their prices up?

I must admit the former trumps the latter and I'd be perfectly content to pay £6 or more for a pint if I could enjoy it in comfort.