Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Us, and our dogs, or whatever pet rings your bell.....

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    I suspect the dog chip idea will come to nought as a silver haired, forgetful, 90 year old granny is slung in jail for not having old Fido, age 18, chipped, whilst local chav with pit bull gets a ticking off
    Well clearly you don't try it on anyone who can fight back

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Those people who claim they can't afford a modest fee probably wouldn't be able to afford a dog anyway. But I suspect that like every other fee-based scheme, it woudl soon be viewed as a way of topping up funding for other public services.
    Can't agree with your first point, ETA, it's clear that you don't live on a shrinking income. I do, and while I can and will, if at all possible, keep dogs, it will be at the expense of something else. I'm not on the breadline, but many elderly dog owners are, and, for some of them any extra expense will be a burden. In this case an unnecessary one.
    I do, however, agree with the second. The dog licence has never worked properly in the past, as ever, the law-abiding bought theirs, nobody else did. And it still cost the country money, which was why it was dropped in the first place.
    PoliticiansControl freaks, the lot of them
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

This is our little shite-hound, when people ask what breed he is I usually say Shite-hound , I said that to someone and he replied "oh that's that Japanese breed isn't it?

Once they get that I say "Middlesbrough Terrier", (after all he is a terrier and he comes from Middlesbrough), someone thought that sounded like a very dangerous breed of dog

He also walks with a limp and runs on three legs because he's got no road sense and was knocked down in Middlesbrough before we got him. Allegedly he is a Jack Russell crossed with a Whippet.

Attachment 196Attachment 197

My last dog was a Labrador/Boxer bitch named Kipper. A lovely natured dog and a real character.When my first wife died 20 years ago Kipper was my closest companion during the dark times.Devoted ( she hated any girlfriends) , a friendly face to come home to, and a companion on long walks which were never long enough for her.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

My last dog was a Jack Russel i inheireted from me Grandad who found him as a stray a couple of weeks before me Nan died , he was only a puppy but was fully house trained and despite the usual letters in the local shop and the like he was never claimed , me Grandad always said he was sent to look after him after me Nan died
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Hi all,

Always been more of a pussy man myself !!! - Sorry couldn't resist that.

I grew up owning dogs and cats and have a soft spot for both. I still have 2 cats, Smudge and Charlie.

Never mind micro-chipping dogs, I'd like to be able to micro - chip dogshit and then it could be returned to its rightful owner along with the fine !!

Cheers,

Del.

Tropical Fish anyone.... ?

That'll just be me then, and I'll spare you pictures of my Clown loaches..
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    Tropical Fish anyone.... ?

That'll just be me then, and I'll spare you pictures of my Clown loaches..
    I got a Shibunkin and a Goldfish (my sons really) , really fancy getting a tropical tank , will have to see how the finances go
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    I'd like to be able to micro - chip dogshit and then it could be returned to its rightful owner along with the fine !!
    If I see the post advertised, I'll be sure to let you know.

Real Ale Drinker

Fantastic pictures and good reading guys,some heartbreaking stories of your beloved pets got me thinking of my last jack who was with me for 18 fantastic years day and night...vowed never to have another but then came along tilly-miss and the rest you know.really enjoyed reading all the posts on this subject thank you all.