Ads not shown when logged in
Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Pub annoyances #834

This Space For Hire

Major gripe.

You're in the pub and need the facilities which are situated in the basement. Also, you require a brief sit-down in the cubicle. But all of a sudden the over zealous energy-saving light sensor kicks in and you are plunged into darkness - a tad embarrassing having to sit there until someone comes in and activates the sensor, which on one unfortunate occasion was quite a wait.

This Space For Hire

Aren't most PIR's within the cubicle so you just move....

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Aren't most PIR's within the cubicle so you just move....
    And if you can't move, try Exlax!
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

What number are we up to? Have we done birthday balloons? Adult birthday parties who have helium-filled balloons at their table, proclaiming the protagonist's age (anything from 21 upwards) which are often made from single-use plastic, adorned with single-use plastic ribbon and string, often in groups of 3, which serve no purpose, provide no amusement or aesthetic value, and are either emptied into someone's lungs to make a drunken postprandial rendition of 'I will survive' even more annoying before the balloon itself spends 500 years decaying in landfill, or it's released upwards to become litter (at best) or a choking hazard to wildlife and farm animals.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    What number are we up to? Have we done birthday balloons? Adult birthday parties who have helium-filled balloons at their table, proclaiming the protagonist's age (anything from 21 upwards) which are often made from single-use plastic, adorned with single-use plastic ribbon and string, often in groups of 3, which serve no purpose, provide no amusement or aesthetic value, and are either emptied into someone's lungs to make a drunken postprandial rendition of 'I will survive' even more annoying before the balloon itself spends 500 years decaying in landfill, or it's released upwards to become litter (at best) or a choking hazard to wildlife and farm animals.
    ...not to mention the squandering of helium which is a valuable but diminishing resource.

What number are we up to? Have we done birthday balloons? released upwards to become litter (at best) or a choking hazard to wildlife and farm animals.
    Don't get me started on this.Pretty sure we've lost more than one cow to this nuisance.Unwilling to fork out for a Post Mortem though.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

Killjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Killjoy.
    I agree with him! These sort of dos are just like Xmas parties.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Killjoy.
    Sir, I take that as a compliment.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

This Space For Hire

Another pub con:

You are sitting at the table enjoying your drink with friends and are nearly at the end of your pint. The barman comes over and asks "Can I get you the same again?" - what service and what service indeed when you get the bill with a 12.5% tip tacked on!