Ads not shown when logged in
Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloody Awful Beer Of The Week

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Brewdog Indie, in a tin.
    Not sure why they released this tasteless pish.
    I had a pint of it on keg in Perth and agree with your assessment. I also thought 5am Saint was a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I had a pint of it on keg in Perth and agree with your assessment. I also thought 5am Saint was a dud.
    5am Saint was wonderful in cask back in the day, one of the finest I have had! The keg version nowadays is a pale imitation.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    As part of the rescue package the The Blue Bell in York now a has permanent Laines brewery beer on the bar for 12 months.

It's been rebadged as "Obligation". Whatever it is it's King Awful, as are most Laines beers in my opinion. I couldn't finish more than half of my pint.
    Yup. Had Laine's Mangolicious Pale Ale the other day. It has been a long while since I couldn't finish a pint and I felt sick on my way to the next pub, in desperate need of thirst-aid treatment. Even after two pints of Proper Job, I could still taste it.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Spinning Dog Celtic Gold

Sampled in the Seven Stars ,Rugby which is a very good real ale pub, this beer had an awful chemical taste despite being clear and not flat.It was replaced without complaint but the barman said that it wasn't a cellar issue and that is how the brewer designed the beer.He also said nobody was ordering it.

More like brewed by Sh*tting Dog if you ask me.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Nicholson's Pale (St. Austell) Ale at the Sir Christopher Hatton which clearly tasted of line cleaner. Exchanged without fuss, I mentioned the line cleaner and the barman told me they used bleach.

The only other ale replacement was St. Austell's Mandarina Bavaria 4.4%:

"First brewed for the Celtic Beer Festival in 2018 as ‘Big Orange’ by Brewing Team Leader Grant Coles, this clean and fruity orange pale ale has proven to be an exceptional mid-session thirst quencher and is back by popular demand. Slovenian Celeia and German Mandarina Bavaria hops, known for their citrus notes combine with Maris Otter Pale and Cara malt to give this beer a wonderful glow. Lashings of orange zest and peel were added to the hopback to create a zesty, juice-box beer that’s perfect for Easter."

That's what they say, I say poor it down the loo.
    Not as bad as the Laine's Mangolicious though.
    Last edited by Tris39; 30-10-2019 at 21:00.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Nicholson's Pale (St. Austell) Ale at the Sir Christopher Hatton which clearly tasted of line cleaner. Exchanged without fuss, I mentioned the line cleaner and the barman told me they used bleach.

The only other ale replacement was St. Austell's Mandarina Bavaria 4.4%:

"First brewed for the Celtic Beer Festival in 2018 as ‘Big Orange’ by Brewing Team Leader Grant Coles, this clean and fruity orange pale ale has proven to be an exceptional mid-session thirst quencher and is back by popular demand. Slovenian Celeia and German Mandarina Bavaria hops, known for their citrus notes combine with Maris Otter Pale and Cara malt to give this beer a wonderful glow. Lashings of orange zest and peel were added to the hopback to create a zesty, juice-box beer that’s perfect for Easter."

That's what they say, I say poor it down the loo.
    Not as bad as the Laine's Mangolicious though.
    Had that in a Nicolsons pub recently .Not a great beer but have found the Mandarina hop a bit medicinal flavoured.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Spinning Dog Celtic Gold

Sampled in the Seven Stars ,Rugby which is a very good real ale pub, this beer had an awful chemical taste despite being clear and not flat.It was replaced without complaint but the barman said that it wasn't a cellar issue and that is how the brewer designed the beer.He also said nobody was ordering it.

More like brewed by Sh*tting Dog if you ask me.
    Avoid Spinning Dog beers is my advice although I though they went out of business years ago.

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

IMG_20191029_214423.jpg

Tried this in the Blue Lion, Gray's Inn Road. Absolutely dire, can't believe a beer could taste that bad...
    'I only drink on two occasions, when I'm thirsty and when I'm not'
    Brendan Behan

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Avoid Spinning Dog beers is my advice although I though they went out of business years ago.
    Yes that was my recollection ,maybe someone is trying to revive the brand...........................and failing.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Had that in a Nicolsons pub recently .Not a great beer but have found the Mandarina hop a bit medicinal flavoured.
    That's exactly it, with a slightly metallic taste! It makes beers taste like parma violets with a dash of TCP.