Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Adam Bell been to all of the JDWs??

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Didn't he turn up briefly on the Leeds pub crawl,(In Whitelocks) or am I mistaken ?
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Didn't he turn up briefly on the Leeds pub crawl,(In Whitelocks) or am I mistaken ?
    What a good memory you have! http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...11-2013/page15 (#145 and #130)
    Last edited by sheffield hatter; 27-04-2020 at 16:00.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Ah hello folks. Indeed Bellend was on the Leeds jolly. That was the night he drank £6 a pint norwegian cider after the all dayer, lost all bank cards etc and spent the last of his cash on a cab to the Holiday Inn and a pint of Boddingtons smooth in the bar "to tick it off".

Then there was the famous lift gag, we were staying in room 707 but the very drunken question to the receptionist went "I'm in room 707 but the buttons only go up to 5...."

He was at the Holiday Inn marked £80 instead of the £42 one. And I was in a drunken coma !!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapleeds.png 
Views:	375 
Size:	313.1 KB 
ID:	2170  

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I've been taking a keen interest in the additions to the site by this newcomer. I believe it's been all photos so far and my biggest benchmark was toppled today with the addition of a pic of their Wick outlet in Scotland. My other two are the outlets in Pwllheli and Haverhill in Suffolk. What these places have in common apart from the JDW and being very awkward to get to is that there is really no other reason to go there!
    I hope he starts adding reviews if and when things get back to normal.
    To answer my own question I now think he must have been to all of them. Wick is a horrendous place to get to!!
    Indeed Adam was "fat_beer_badger" on BITE, he works on the choo choos with me in Bristol, it was actually through there I first met him about 2005!!! He's talking about signing up here to try and defend his wuckfittery !!!! I would appreciate if he gets an appropriate level of withering from you lot when he does.

Imagine being in a lovely pub, lovely people, lovely beer- when suddenly, "come on, drink up, bus/train/tram/rickshaw is in 10 minutes, I NEED the McSpoons in XXXXXX...........". Telford, Wrexham and Sutton-in-Ashfield spring to mind.

The prosecution rests.

Blimey!!!
    I thought I was a bit of a pisshead but am clearly a complete LIGHTWEIGHT!
    I liked the nickname as well, maybe that's a better one than Fat Beer Badger!

This Space For Hire

Cool, the only annoyance with me is his abundance of added pictures clogging my email account up as I'm too lazy at present to see if I need to update my picture or confirm correct map point as his pictures are added. If he's from around Bristol and choo choo related in employment, I'd happily go on a session with him. Seems a welcome addition to here tbf once we've a pub door to walk through.

Quote Originally Posted by an_ecumenical_matter View Post
    Imagine being in a lovely pub, lovely people, lovely beer- when suddenly, "come on, drink up, bus/train/tram/rickshaw is in 10 minutes, I NEED the McSpoons in XXXXXX...........". Telford, Wrexham and Sutton-in-Ashfield spring to mind.

The prosecution rests.
    Oh that's just called a lads day out on the piss where someone shouts "Next Pub" to me, albeit without encountering a distance more than a few meters rather than going to other towns if that happened. Has worked well for me and my mates for over 20 odd years. Maybe a lager thing though over a Spoons maximise visit in the area/region.... I know my dad went ticking with military precision over the years till he's just got PITA ones left now to complete all. Will still be planned with same precision it's just time to do them that';s held him back especially if a new on for example is opening/was opening in the likes of Scotland. No point spending 2 days in Scotland to then have to go back for one new opener after you've spent so long travelling.
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 27-04-2020 at 23:49.

Last edited by Dave M; 28-04-2020 at 11:03. Reason: Embedding video

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by an_ecumenical_matter View Post
    Mrs Ale here - welcome back you pup
    'I only drink on two occasions, when I'm thirsty and when I'm not'
    Brendan Behan

Spritzer Swallower

Good Afternoon folks!

The angry spoons hating Irishman has filled you in I see above on most aspects....

Anyway, yes a LOT of pub pics have appeared here as of late.....Why? …….Well it's the Chinese lurgy that has given me the time to make a start sorting through the 12,000 pics(unsorted) on my pc from the last few years.....

I'm still at work during this but with no pubs to visit, no gigs to go to and the sky box finally empty I thought it time to upload a photo "or 2"....

ANYWAY, Spoon - wise i'm far from completed.....current total stands at 857 of which 100+ have closed their doors....still got prob 100 or so left to do....

WICK I did last year when it was one of the bunch put up for sale..... flew brizzle to inverness then trained it up...was dreading the 3.5 hour train journey but the views are breathtaking so it soon goes by! Typically the week after I did it they took it off the market!! Its a nice spoons though and looks like it could be a hotel which would be ideal!

With mentions of Haverhill and Pwllehli I can confirm both are required still, Aberystwyth is gonna be a shit too I feel!

The Leeds trip I have very little recollection of at all but recall it being a good laugh!

Hope ur all keeping well and appropriately lubricated...

Cheers

Fbb

Quote Originally Posted by fat_beer_badger View Post

WICK I did last year when it was one of the bunch put up for sale..... flew brizzle to inverness then trained it up...was dreading the 3.5 hour train journey but the views are breathtaking so it soon goes by! Typically the week after I did it they took it off the market!! Its a nice spoons though and looks like it could be a hotel which would be ideal!
    Welcome to the forums! I've seen your name on the Dark Side but don;t remember too much.
    I was lucky to have fine clear weather on my trip to Wick, unlike a few days earlier in Elgin when I had to get a cab both ways to do the Spoons. The rain was of biblical proportions meaning the line was flooded at Keith on the following day.
    What impressed me most was the area towards Wick where the railway is the only sign of human activity.

Quote Originally Posted by fat_beer_badger View Post
    With mentions of Haverhill and Pwllehli I can confirm both are required still, Aberystwyth is gonna be a shit too I feel!
    Aberystwyth is easy compared to Pwllheli! You could make a day trip from Shrewsbury and include Newtown. When I went there everyone on the train piled inside it! Aber is half an hour from Mach while Pwllheli is nearly two and a half.
    I'm currently missing the two new ones in Eire and of course all the airport ones which I don't count.