Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dwarf Alert - New Photo Correction Feature

Default Dwarf Alert - New Photo Correction Feature

Dave must have been working on the site today, because there is now an option for dwarves to rotate a photograph in 90° increments before approval.

However, how a couple of people can persistently submit pictures turned on their side or upside-down in the first place defeats me... but at least this feature will avoid the need to refer such aggravation to Snow White... but if the culprits happen to be reading this, please re-orientate your pictures yourself and don't rely on others!

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Dave must have been working on the site today, because there is now an option for dwarves to rotate a photograph in 90° increments before approval.

However, how a couple of people can persistently submit pictures turned on their side or upside-down in the first place defeats me... but at least this feature will avoid the need to refer such aggravation to Snow White... but if the culprits happen to be reading this, please re-orientate your pictures yourself and don't rely on others!
    I get the feeling that some submitters don't check what has uploaded or there is a disconnect between the site and their browser. One chap who submitted a lot of sideways photos is now submitting them right way up but a few of his this morning were totally black - probably didn't load correctly? Dwarves may know who I mean as he's submitted lots of old photos recently.

That's a good development.

On a personal note, I have submitted a few of these myself, since I was forced off Windows 7 (where photos could be reoriented in bulk within the folder before uploading) and onto Windows 10 (where I have to employ a horse attached to a pole to turn each photo one by one - welcome to the 14th century). Sometimes I forget, and don't realise until the photo loads up, when I quickly delete it and reorient (a bit tricky of the horse has already gone to bed, but I manage). The difficulty arises when I leave my computer momentarily for a cup of tea, and some dwarf finds the disoriented photo and adds my name to a list of idiots deserving of dire punishment. All I can say is sorry. And it won't happen again (or at least, not on purpose).
    Come On You Hatters!

This happens a lot if you upload direct from a mobile, they are not on their side when viewed on your gallery, only when uploaded I generally spot this delete the picture , a simple even minuscule cropping sorts the problem , and resubmit , maybe some people don't view the picture once uploaded to the main site.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    where I have to employ a horse attached to a pole to turn each photo one by one - welcome to the 14th century). Sometimes I forget, and don't realise until the photo loads up, when I quickly delete it and reorient (a bit tricky of the horse has already gone to bed, but I manage).
    I'd like to know the horses name and how many hands it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    This happens a lot if you upload direct from a mobile, they are not on their side when viewed on your gallery, only when uploaded I generally spot this delete the picture , a simple even minuscule cropping sorts the problem , and resubmit , maybe some people don't view the picture once uploaded to the main site.
    I think you're right. I had noticed that some of the pics you have added to the forums were sideways. I just turned my head to see what you had been drinking!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post

On a personal note, I have submitted a few of these myself, since I was forced off Windows 7.
    How were you "forced" off Windows 7? I'm still using it on a six year old Desktop and am not in the least bit bothered about MS support. I'll go for Win 10 (or whatever) when this PC dies.
    If you don't save credit cards or bank logins saved then is there really anything that criminals would use to their advantage?
    There is an issue with Internet Explorer in that some sites don't test their site against it so then I complain to the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I think you're right. I had noticed that some of the pics you have added to the forums were sideways. I just turned my head to see what you had been drinking!
    Probably the same as the Hatter and his horses.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    How were you "forced" off Windows 7? I'm still using it on a six year old Desktop and am not in the least bit bothered about MS support. I'll go for Win 10 (or whatever) when this PC dies.
    My PC was considerably older than that, and when it finally gave up the ghost I was "forced" to buy a new one, which "forced" me to embrace Windows 10.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    I'd like to know the horses name and how many hands it is.
    I could make up a name (how about Hatter's Plodder?) and height (16h?), but instead I'll just admit that you've rumbled my deception. There is no horse.
    Come On You Hatters!