Ads not shown when logged in
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: how many different pubs?

My figures got a timely boost last night with 8 pints in 8 new pubs (+ pint at Hampton & Richmond FC). Not too bad for an evening's work and a probable BotW thrown in for good measure (Twickenham Summer Gold). Shame we lost the footie (down to 10 men after 9 minutes didn't help) but it did at least mean I didn't have to sit at home and endure Spurs going 3 down in half an hour!

Real Ale Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    My figures got a timely boost last night with 8 pints in 8 new pubs (+ pint at Hampton & Richmond FC).
    I am just in awe of anyone who can visit 8 pubs and take in a game of football in one evening !
    I truly feel very old !

Quote Originally Posted by Grailhunter View Post
    I am just in awe of anyone who can visit 8 pubs and take in a game of football in one evening !
    I truly feel very old !
    I actually ran out of pubs to do and caught an earlier train home than I was expecting to otherwise it would have been 9 or 10!

17 pubs since the start of August, with 3 new ones in Sheffield and a new one in Dronfield Woodhouse - all superb.

Should clock up some more newbies at the end of the month as I am crawling Derby!

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Would love to have met up for that 'ob', but wasn't available in any case. Be nice to have a few beers together again at some stage though.
    The few beers together stage could well come about again at Todmorden Beer Festival 2010.

Weekend of 25/09/10 was the provisional date set last year. I'll need to check with the cricket club though.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

103 after last night

ROB, hope to see you in York for a swifty on Sunday, drop me a test text in advance!
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    103 after last night

Now if you could just do 8 more in the rest of the month then my prediction of 111 will be correct.

Just Missed the Round Evil Gazebo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Dundee first and the 2 JDW's which were ok.
    The Phoenix was a great pub, but the beer, Caledonian Mexican Bandit was bought without reading the clip. Lime!! Ugh! Horrid. Took a deep breath and then downed it in one so I would only get one taste of it. Hate lime.
    Speedwell (Mennies) was a good pub with a couple of ales on. Chose a Chimay Red as well as the Caledonian Deuchars. Around 120 different Malts along the back of this bar.
    Glad to read that The Phoenix and The Speedwell are still good pubs. I lived in Dundee for a few years in the mid-90s, and had many good nights along Perth Road.
    I could have warned you about the Mexican Bandit though, Gill!

And you can really taste the hops!

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I loved the style and friendliness of the Phoenix and Speedwell. Good pubs to visit lunchtime / early afternoon when quiet so it is possible to admire the pubs themselves when not crowded.

Won't be many pubs over the next few days as off to National Feast of Lanterns with Camping and Caravanning Club at Kinross, but if we can get out on public transport will have a look round the area to see whats on offer. May not be on line as no electric - just our solar panel, and too many days to take power with the converter.

Back Sunday evening in Haltwhistle hopefully.

Ugh! Brought back memories of Mexican Bandit....

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

By comparison with SoupI'm in the Spartan South Midland league of pubs visited but I have clocked up 22,18 of which were new visits and have now been reviewed.Most of those were lunchtime or evening stops on the way down the canal system south from Stone to Leighton Buzzard.
    Still time to add to that total but with my sons as crew ,I will need to show some restraint on the next leg to Berkhamsted

Fortunately have come across some pubs this month worthy of the PoTM tag(including two in Cov),and also intend to check out the Wenlock Arms,Hoxton next week on an annual visit to see if there's been much change