Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC2: Alexis Polizzi 'The Fixer' and Hunter's Microbrewery.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Default BBC2: Alexis Polizzi 'The Fixer' and Hunter's Microbrewery.

It seems that programmes about breweries are a bit like buses...

The slightly scary Ms. Polizzi casts her eye over the financial difficulties of a struggling Devon micro. Should prove rather informative. To be shown Monday 1st September 21.00.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    It seems that programmes about breweries are a bit like buses...

The slightly scary Ms. Polizzi casts her eye over the financial difficulties of a struggling Devon micro. Should prove rather informative. To be shown Monday 1st September 21.00.
    I've never tried any Hunter's output,but this sounds like an interesting programme.Lots of micros fall by the wayside,this may shed some light on the issues that need to be considered.
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 28-08-2014 at 18:53. Reason: Apostrophy castostrophy
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    I've never tried any Hunter's output,but this sounds like an interesting programme.Lot's of micros fall by the wayside,this may shed some light on the issues that need to be considered.
    I don't know them either, but according to the almost defunct GBG they expanded from a five barrel plant to a sixty barrel one. 240 firkins is an awful lot of beer to sell especially outside the holiday season. Devon also has a lot of cider available and a few fairly well established micros. Their four beers listed in the GBG have a range from 3.8% to 4.3% so maybe they are all too similar and not that interesting.

I don't think Ms Polizzi is scary, she's downright terrifying!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I don't know them either, but according to the almost defunct GBG they expanded from a five barrel plant to a sixty barrel one. 240 firkins is an awful lot of beer to sell especially outside the holiday season. Devon also has a lot of cider available and a few fairly well established micros. Their four beers listed in the GBG have a range from 3.8% to 4.3% so maybe they are all too similar and not that interesting.

60 barrel are you sure?

but in a good way
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    but in a good way
    I find it amazing that one minute she's all sparkling brown eyes and Italianate good looks and at the flick of a switch her face becomes as hard as nails and is able to sour cream at fifty paces!
    Last edited by aleandhearty; 29-08-2014 at 14:21.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

I think Mrs May, our esteemed Home Secretary, makes a much better Dominatrix figure than young ms Polizzi.

You Southerners don't have the delights of Carol Mather on your telly screens of course, perhaps Hondo can point his aerial towards the BBC in the North East & Cumbria area or even enjoy her delightful vision when next in York.

I'll get my coat (a dirty mac)

This Space For Hire

I have had 2 Hunters beers and they were very average.I was in north Devon last week and Locale hasn't really caught on.Iwas surprised how few local beers were on and Doombar was on in nearly every pub.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    60 barrel are you sure?
    That's what the GBG says and your reaction probably speaks volumes.
    The drinks trade has alway been fickle and prone to fashions and trends.
    For various reasons I am quite concerned about Brodie's as they have been talking for the last year about having a new (I think 40 barrel) brewery for their core beers up and running by Autumn this year. To date there doesn't seem to be any sign of this happening so there has been a year of pubs wanting their beer and them not being able to provide it, including the William IV.
    There are enough quality micros in London today for it to easily go unnoticed if one were to fall by the wayside and there are many that I haven't even tried.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I think Mrs May, our esteemed Home Secretary, makes a much better Dominatrix figure than young ms Polizzi.

You Southerners don't have the delights of Carol Mather on your telly screens of course, perhaps Hondo can point his aerial towards the BBC in the North East & Cumbria area or even enjoy her delightful vision when next in York.

I'll get my coat (a dirty mac)
    Will be in York on Monday-alas no Telly.(Don't think students have 'em any more.)
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.