Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer of the Week

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Been on the wagon last week, so no beer of week, just tea

However there is hope yet, weather permitting I will be down Southsea for a meeting in the Bold Forester http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/13964/ which is a Greene King desert with keg & lager

However, time permitting I intend to at last sample the "Sir Loin of Beef"

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/14029/

From the Pompey pubs site http://www.portsmouthpubs.org.uk/index.html comes this
    "Now a genuine free house, the pub features one u-shaped bar area and is a magnet for real ale enthusiasts across the south. A monthly beer festival is held, featuring a single brewery's beers at discounted prices. A friendly, first class drinking establishment. Do not be deterred by the pub's inexplicable absence from CAMRA's Good Beer Guide. Seek it out".

Watch this space & hope it does not rain on Saturday

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    From the Pompey pubs site http://www.portsmouthpubs.org.uk/index.html comes this
    "Now a genuine free house, the pub features one u-shaped bar area and is a magnet for real ale enthusiasts across the south. A monthly beer festival is held, featuring a single brewery's beers at discounted prices. A friendly, first class drinking establishment. Do not be deterred by the pub's inexplicable absence from CAMRA's Good Beer Guide. Seek it out".
    Tell them to start adding those festivals to Pubs Galore while you are there

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Well my beer of the week as the only beer I have drunk is Bombardier, sadly they had run out of Doombar when I went down the Grapes for the after work pint on Friday.
    Yeah, the lack of Doom Bar was a bit of a let down. Had to be the Deuchars for me - although I was intrigued by the offer of 6X from a box!

Default ta conrad ..

thanks for the spellcheck tip Conrad .. am about to see if i can find it with your directions .. however i can get lost for England .. hence previous non successes as a multidrop delivery driver .. used to come back to the depot with more parcels than i set off with ..

Former Pubs Galore Coder

No problems Micky, hope it helps.

Default snecklifter

Jennings Snecklifter .. still my favourate at the Molescroft Beverley and used to be at the Woolpack .. same town .. however the Woolpack is to change hands shorty and who knows what will be the new offering .. will advise ..

I had two pints of some Belgian ale (I know Iam useless with foreign language!) with mind boggling 8% !

I had them in local Wetherspoon Silk Kite today. I was quite tipsy only after 2 pints and it is not for faint hearted.

I could taste some sort of cherry, burnt coffee and vanilla and it was very delicious.

Get yourself down to Wetherspoon and drink Belgian Ale but DRINK RESPONSIBALTY!

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    I had two pints of some Belgian ale (I know Iam useless with foreign language!) with mind boggling 8% !

I had them in local Wetherspoon Silk Kite today. I was quite tipsy only after 2 pints and it is not for faint hearted.

Get yourself down to Wetherspoon and drink Belgian Ale but DRINK RESPONSIBALTY!
    Wimp, get some Tactical Nuclear Penguin then come on here if you can still walk

"Scottish brewery has launched what it described as the world's strongest beer - with a 32% alcohol content.

Tactical Nuclear Penguin has been unveiled by BrewDog of Fraserburgh".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8380412.stm

Here is one beer you won't be getting. Its called Tokyo beer and is a humungous 20%.
    According to Radio 4 news the Portman Group ( a Quango ? ) has banned its sale saying it encourages irresponsible drinking.Maybe some idiots would imbibe to excess but thats normal whatever the tipple. If you follow the logic why have they not banned fortified wines and spirits ?
    Try drinking Tokyo on a night out and you will be in bed before the TV watershed.
    If in good company I can drink a bottle of Shiraz in an evening but Tokyo is in the Port / Sherry class. It is probably something I would not drink but think it should be my choice and not be told told by whoever that I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Wimp, get some Tactical Nuclear Penguin then come on here if you can still walk

"Scottish brewery has launched what it described as the world's strongest beer - with a 32% alcohol content.

Tactical Nuclear Penguin has been unveiled by BrewDog of Fraserburgh".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8380412.stm
    30 quid per bottle?? No thanks! Althrough wont mind taste some of it

I remember in my student days, I had half pint of 13% ale called Roger and Out in Frog & Parrot in Sheffield. They only sells in half. If I achieved 3 or more halfs I get certification with Bar Owner signature as proof.

EDIT: Found this.. http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL600.../240631553.jpg

I got countless certifications at home..
    Last edited by hopwas; 03-12-2009 at 14:51.