Ads not shown when logged in
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Most Expensive pint?

[QUOTE=oldboots;6928Well you mentioned Swallows....................European or African?[/QUOTE]
    Stop wriggling, you're just scared of bunnies. Hirondo rustica rustica to be precise, the Barn Swallow. Or, to be even more precise the one you see every summer in England...Don't you bandy birds with me, old son..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

There's some mentioned earlier which beat this but I had a text from a friend, currently in Oslo, regarding bottled Bombardier at ... £9!

Somebody local was complaining that on a recent visit to Hereford they had to pay £3.50 for a pint of lager ( top price £3 in Bromyard but you can get it cheaper). He must be one of those who knows all about the World but has never been out of the County. You get a lot of them here.

The price if a pint of London Pride in the Allied Arms in Reading is now £3.45....when it comes to trends we're right by London!

Still £3 p/p in the Nags though! I think £3 is about right round these parts at the moment.

Popped into the Bull & Last at Gospel Oak/Kentish Town/Tuffnel Park (not actually sure where the hell it is) where an admittedly very good pint of Redemption Big Chief (5.5%) set me back an walletdropping £4.50!

I paid £4.40 for a very average pint of Spitfire in The Punch Bowl, Mayfair, the other evening. I reckon your Redemption Big Chief for £4.50 was better value!

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Popped into the Bull & Last at Gospel Oak/Kentish Town/Tuffnel Park (not actually sure where the hell it is) where an admittedly very good pint of Redemption Big Chief (5.5%) set me back an walletdropping £4.50!
    Dartmouth Park, I reckon, but it's not far from Highgate Cemetery and just across the road from Parliament Hill Fields, so it "serves" Highgate too.

I had a half of Hooky Bitter 3.6% there on 3rd February, for "only" £1.85 (or £3.70 a pint). Presumably the price differential is down to the budget and the strength of the beer? I was last in the Southampton Arms, just down the road from there, in February too, when all the beers were priced at £3.05.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

A pint of St Peter's bitter in the St Pancras Hotel will cost you £6.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    It was Nearly as bad in the Parcel Yard at Kings Cross Stn last night £4. 30 for a Pint of ESB
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

A couple of months ago I had a sneaky last pint in the Basketmakers in Brighton and missed my last train home. Including the cab I had to get that pint cost me £63.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES