Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: WP rubbish info over active members on here?

This Space For Hire

Default WP rubbish info over active members on here?

Why do we believe crap WP areas updates over members updates that have been into a premises and reported new updates of openness to have members shut places due to what WP say?

This gets on my tits especially after seeing dates against small CAMRA areas that haven't reviewed a pub for 4 years that I've been in twice which is 30 miles away...

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Why do we believe crap WP areas updates over members updates that have been into a premises and reported new updates of openness to have members shut places due to what WP say?

This gets on my tits especially after seeing dates against small CAMRA areas that haven't reviewed a pub for 4 years that I've been in twice which is 30 miles away...
    Do you have any specific examples?

I've notified dozens, possibly hundreds, of pubs as being closed based on WhatPub information. I suppose I take the view that the information they provide is likely to be up to date, and possibly more up to date than a review of (say) a couple of months ago. I have had my fingers burned a couple of times, as the pub has re-opened and WhatPub has not yet caught up. I guess it's a risk we take when submitting hundreds of updates that a few are going to be wrong, our perhaps more accurately out of date. Obviously I don't know the circumstances of the particular cases that have upset you or if they were mine; but apologies if they were but unlikely as mine tend be in London.

To be fair to CAMRA, the fact that a pub hasn't had a full survey for a few years doesn't mean that someone from the branch hasn't visited and reported opening or closing - assuming I've understood your second sentence correctly.

This Space For Hire

Not in London just one I went in 30 miles away from home the other day. Old picture I took said open to none residents, didn't open it as hadn't confirmed it myself just took picture. Went in Friday confirmed it opened it and it was reshut based on WP update when we know they sometimes don't visit the not so interesting pubs in their CAMRA areas. The person who shut it hadn't seemingly been to the place I was for 2 years either, so what does their knowledge mean over mine as a visitor a few days ago who got a pint not a half....

Not in London just one I went in 30 miles away from home the other day. Old picture I took said open to none residents, didn't open it as hadn't confirmed it myself just took picture. Went in Friday confirmed it opened it and it was reshut based on WP update when we know they sometimes don't visit the not so interesting pubs in their CAMRA areas. The person who shut it hadn't seemingly been to the place I was for 2 years either, so what does their knowledge mean over mine as a visitor a few days ago who got a pint not a half....
    Have you tried sending the person concerned a personal message to get the pub changed back?
    Come On You Hatters!

I'll stay on me own

I only close pubs that i have either passed on bus or tried to do while on a pub crawl,so i know the information i give to Pubs Galore is correct.
    The same goes for adding pubs to the site,i only add pubs to the site that i have had a drink in,so know it is open and ready to serve me,i watched my local Wetherspoons being built and knew the name of it,but i would not add it untill it opened,another member who as probably never set foot in my local town beat me to it and put the pub in a map position well up the road and on the opposite side to where the pub is,it was located where the TSB bank is,so if members add pubs to the site that they dont the area they are going to get it wrong because street view will not have the new pub there.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

That was me. If it's re-opened, it'd be helpful to tap a quick few words into the review box to confirm, else there's the concern that it hasn't been visited and has been re-opened on a fly-by.

Makes it clear to everyone then