Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: London Drinkers

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    I would suggest a flutter on whoever Altrincham are playing to win. Should do the job.
    Maybe - wonder what odds you would get? Odds on I bet! Might need to be a double header with whoever The Eagles are playing!

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Thanks for the info, will print and plot for the days wanderings. The only one mentioned that we have been to, twice from the centre, is Jerusalem Tavern.

The caravan will be near Newbury Park for a reasonable trip to Pig's Ear fest at Hackney on the Tuesday, so we wanted to go into London on the Wednesday. We move with friends to a site near Hatfield on the Thursday, so now find we can get overland from there to Kings Cross for £6.60 each with senior cards on Friday, so may well make it two trips now we have so many places to explore. I love London but rarely get there now. Will be great to make it twice in a week.

Will look forward to your writeups of the places you all get to on the 22nd.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

[QUOTE=trainman;23666] Edgar Wallace (8 handpumps, I haven't had the chance to visit since Shane left earlier this year)QUOTE]
    I was impressed by the new regime at the Edgar Wallace on a recent trip if that's any help.Gill another pub is the viscinity worth visiting which I didnt see on your list is The Harp,Chandos Place ; possibly quieter at lunchtime than in the evening and featuring a number of Dark Star beers,Sambrook's,several guests.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Well Conrad has raided the office swearbox and spent the cash on Pubs Galore T-Shirts so some of us won't be hard to spot.
    And on this note we have 4 XL and 1 L left over. So in the time honoured manner anyone PM'ing me can have one sent to them. Prioritising anyone hoping to go to the London meet and on a first come basis.

Sorry can not make Monday 22 November as I'm working on Lates & shifts as usual only odd days off till mid December now well the bills have too be Paid.
    I could make any day between 16th of December and the December 24th then I'm working again all over Christmas & New Year.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Slightly off topic ,but is there anywhere in London or the South East that has any Purple Moose ales,it seems a lot of regulars on here wax lyrical about their beers and I'm keen to get involved.
    Sorry to drag the thread back off topic again, but I have another Purple Moose tip-off! The Claret Free House in Addiscombe is having a mini beer festival on 18th - 21st November and I'm reliably informed that Glaslyn Ale will be making an appearance.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/beerfest...al.php?id=1189

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    I would suggest a flutter on whoever Altrincham are playing to win. Should do the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    Maybe - wonder what odds you would get? Odds on I bet! Might need to be a double header with whoever The Eagles are playing!
    So that's 1/4 on Crawley Town, doubled with Evens on Sheff Utd, £10 returns £25....

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    Sorry to drag the thread back off topic again, but I have another Purple Moose tip-off! The Claret Free House in Addiscombe is having a mini beer festival on 18th - 21st November and I'm reliably informed that Glaslyn Ale will be making an appearance.

Thanks for the tip off,my trips to Croydon pubs coincide with Palace home games and as their brand of total football is on display at Bramall Lane this saturday,I will be saving my shekels for Monday and sadly miss the Moose .

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post

Could have been nicely doubled with the (Shirley Rd) Cricketers which, I noticed, also has a minifest on. I couldn't attend, grrr!!

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    So that's 1/4 on Crawley Town, doubled with Evens on Sheff Utd, £10 returns £25....
    Well, it came to pass. So the £15 profit would have sorted the first 5pints if I'd found the stake.
    Oh for the halcyon days of reckless monkeys going on lost causes...