Ads not shown when logged in
Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Pangolin mentioned he can get 4 pints of Big Smoke beer for £10 result
    There are two micros near me where you can still get cask beer. The Owl and Pussycat had last weekend 5 cask,7 keg beers on.Bring your own container they will sanitise.Milk containers accepted.The Dodo micropub had 3 cask and 1 keg .50p for a plastic 2 pint container.So far so good but they are both charging the same price for takeaway as they charged when they were open. OAP wants £ 17.60 for 4 pints of 4.5 beer.The Dodo wants £18.50 for the same. Taking the piss I think.
    I totally agree. ELB are doing 2 cases of 12x500l bottles for £55.00 with free delivery in the East London area.
    The delivery driver knows me by name now!

This Space For Hire

A four pack by Track selling at £25 online, only around 7% as well. Not sure why there is so much variation in cost online.

Cheaper, decent and strong IPAs are still available.

Nothing better to do (it's raining so the garden work ordered by Mrs B will wait) so I worked out the per pint prices I'm currently paying.

Rudgate (5l mini-kegs) £2.25 (local delivery only), ordered on-line for UK delivery £2.88
    Roosters 330ml cans Yankee £2.50, TwentyFour Seven £2.87, Baby Faced Assassin £2.98 (much cheaper if you're local enough for the beer in bag option)

Beer Hawk mixed case £4.30 upwards.

It's difficult to calculate sometimes as some mixed cases (they only do them at present) have a mix of 330ml bottles and cans while others have the odd 500ml bottle mixed in.

I looked at Brass Castle but they work out at £3.59 - £3.94 per pint

This Space For Hire

Just ordered 24 Magic Rock Cannonball, 7.4% 330ml for £64. About £4.50 / pint but fair enough at that strength.

Given the apparent plundering of northern breweries recently I think southerners have cottoned on to cheaper beer up here on free delivery terms.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    Just ordered 24 Magic Rock Cannonball, 7.4% 330ml for £64. About £4.50 / pint but fair enough at that strength.

Given the apparent plundering of northern breweries recently I think southerners have cottoned on to cheaper beer up here on free delivery terms.
    We hadn't, but thanks for the tip!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    We hadn't, but thanks for the tip!
    The market will find its level!

Should be plenty more railway arches in London available in the coming years...

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Nothing better to do... so I worked out the per pint prices I'm currently paying.

Rudgate (5l mini-kegs) £2.25 (local delivery only), ordered on-line for UK delivery £2.88
    You lucky, lucky bastard!
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Somone I know was in the Old Fountain this week and its table service only £6.10 for a pint of cask Siren- Suspended in Idaho 4.0 . Piss take.
    Other news from Tandlemans blog is Sam Smiths have put the price of their bitter up by £1 a pint and lager by £1.10 a pint. If they apply them to the London pubs which are no bargain compared to Spoons they will struggle.

Real Ale Drinker

As people start to return to the pub after months of buying supermarket beers I believe "How much!!!??" may be heard quite frequently.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Other news from Tandlemans blog is Sam Smiths have put the price of their bitter up by £1 a pint and lager by £1.10 a pint. If they apply them to the London pubs which are no bargain compared to Spoons they will struggle.
    I could have waltzed into The Eagle yesterday but couldn't face Sam's beers, let alone here where it's keg only. I certainly wouldn't pay a more than £1 penalty. The three pubs I've visited so far have been charging appreciably lower than normal prices. If pubs want to get customers in, fleecing their customers isn't the way to go about it.