Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Micropubs

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Thuck Phat View Post
    I didn't think that the contributors to this excellent website were prone to passing judgement on reviews which don't exactly match the sentiments of their own so this is an interesting precedent.
    I wasn't passing judgment, merely observing that the Micropubs website is going to avoid reviews of micropubs that are not seen as positive. Ray and I enjoyed our visits to Just Beer, you and BF did not. (That's what the word "contentious" was meant to indicate in the previous post - our reviews contended with one another.) That's acceptable on Pubs Galore, but obviously not for a site that is dedicated to promoting its members' businesses.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I wasn't passing judgment,.
    "good news for tickers if not for the two slightly dodgily named and grumpy reviewers below!"

I agree with Mr F. on The Treacle Tap and also enjoyed The Railway Arms in Downham Market and The Olde England in Northampton although being over 3 floors I'm not sure that the latter qualifies as micro.

Of interest to Newark, but not micro pubs other than Just Beer, is that Blue Monkey are about to open an Organ Grinder there as highlighted by Mr. Hondo. I know where I'm going the next time I'm in Newark.