Ads not shown when logged in
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Coronavirus affecting pub trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    A vast number of pubs will simply never reopen.
    Whilst the original comment related to Ireland, the same will now sadly apply to England, Wales and Scotland too...

This Space For Hire

Take outs will prove massively popular if pubs can get a good system going for ordering and quick pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainypool View Post
    Well the pubs as well as cafes, restaurants, theatres etc . and everyone working for them have just been truly thrown under the bus - reprehensible
    The pubs are an easy target. There will be as much chance getting the virus on crowded trains and buses where you can be very confined, as well as in shops and supermarkets (if they have any stock left!)

This Space For Hire

A salutary lesson in the dire effects on celebrities of catching Covid-19, brought to you by The Daily Wail.

Disastrous news (pubs closing not this Idris Elba fellow, some sort of actor chap?), I will be doing my best to put money into the tills of pubs until the government closes them, two trips planned this week, to Redcar and Kendal hopefully the pubs will still be open.

Anyone would think it's the bubonic plague not a sharp dose of the flu.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    My sentiments exactly. I had something nasty over Christmas (24th-28th December) so only had about four glasses of water on the 25th by way of Christmas lunch - I've been asked if this was perhaps a very early bout of Corona (not the Mexican beer, which is worse) though of course I couldn't know. Either way, for about the last five days I've had a slightly dry cough and barely sore throat and slight snuffles; not sure if I should get tested.

Disastrous news: pubs closing ... two trips planned this week, to Redcar and Kendal hopefully the pubs will still be open.
    Good ,luck with those!

I should have been going to football in Swansea on Wednesday, trains booked weeks ago and tickets can't be refunded. So I'm going to Cardiff and hoping to photograph some (so far unphotographed) pubs while there's enough light, then a few beers if there are any open.

At the weekend I was supposed to be in Leeds: Rhinos on Friday and Hatters on Saturday. Not sure what to do instead, have to wait and see if pubs have been forced to close or not.

Going to the Lake District Sunday - surely they won't try to close the youth hostels? ("Youth" indeed: plenty of over 70s with "underlying health issues" in my experience. It's all that fresh air, you see.) And will the trains still be running? If the Black Bull in Coniston is open I shall have to see about drinking my way along the bar: 11 hand pumps last time I reviewed it. (Is it really eight years ago?)
    Come On You Hatters!

Yeah, in 1665 the pubs stayed open until all the customers were dead. And as for the Premier League...
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    The pubs are an easy target. There will be as much chance getting the virus on crowded trains and buses where you can be very confined, as well as in shops and supermarkets (if they have any stock left!)
    Two of my GBG locals in Llangollen have decided to close on "government advice" with the owners saying there was no other choice!

I have been thinking about this problem, and have come up with an idea. It is probably unworkable and I might be living in cloud cuckoo land , but never mind. Would it be possible to either give a donation like the cost of drinks and a meal, to the pub of your choice instead of visiting the pub. Or could someone set up a fund or something, to help our pubs to stay in business?