Ads not shown when logged in
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: What is Craft Beer

I passed a shop in Loughton today proclaiming that it sold "Kraft beers and Organic food".
    No cheesy jokes please!!

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I passed a shop in Loughton today proclaiming that it sold Kraft beers...
    ...Probably brewed for 'Singles' bars!
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I passed a shop in Loughton today proclaiming that it sold "Kraft beers and Organic food".
    No cheesy jokes please!!
    Probably just after a slice of the action.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I had a drink of London Fields Hackney Hopster yeaterday,i presume this is a craft beer because of the price and it being keg and very cold,what did bother me about this beer was the fact that it was very cloudy,i felt out of my comfort zone in this type of pub and thought better of taking it back incase it was meant to be like this.

I would have enjoyed the drink more it was a clear bright looking bitter even if it was very cold and expensive,should this beer be like that or did i have a duff drink.
    I had a another drink of London Fields Hackney Hopster in the London Fields Tap Room recently,it was a very clear and nice drink that i enjoyed drinking unlike the keg version in the Alice House.

Just goes to show how Cask Conditioned beers are far better than the craft keg version of the same beer.

I rest my case.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I had a another drink of London Fields Hackney Hopster in the London Fields Tap Room recently,it was a very clear and nice drink that i enjoyed drinking unlike the keg version in the Alice House.

Just goes to show how Cask Conditioned beers are far better than the craft keg version of the same beer.

I rest my case.
    This craft keg stuff is never going to catch on .Is it.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    This craft keg stuff is never going to catch on .Is it.
    I agree with Al 11000 about the Hackney Hopster. There is absolutely no reason at all to keg a beer like that, or any other beers that work perfectly well on cask. There is a real problem with the haze from chilling these beers, well illustrated by the Spoons Sixpoint cans that I tried when they knocked the price down. I believe the only way round this would be to pasteurise them which is what Adnam's must have done with their Sixpoint keg now available in Spoons. I tried a pint of this at the end of last month and it was very cold and gassy but did have a genuine hop aroma, something that the big six keg beers of old definitely lacked. I'm going to my local Spoons next week for the curry club and will see how it goes with the Flaming Dragon curry as it is a permitted drink with it and it's the most expensive one.

The biggest problem is the prices that are charged for these keg beers, I've seen some of the price lists on twitter of Brewdog pubs and it's a total joke. Some places are ramping up the prices of cask (including several of the old independent regional brewers) but I'm certainly not playing ball with them once I know what they charge.