Ads not shown when logged in
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Pubs Galore Meet Up - Friday 12 November - Birmingham

Have a foot the size of the Graf Zeppelin this morning but it takes my mind off the excesses of the day's events. Actually, head is comparatively clear this morning. Hope everyone got home OK in less painful circumstances.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

A fine day out , it was nice to meet everyone . Head is pretty clear this morning considering how much was drunk
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Marvelous to put so many faces to so many names, & now await Quinno's photographic evidence that such an auspicious gathering really did happen!

I managed a pint of Marble Manchester (£2.80) in the Euston Tap, impressive beer range (albeit under pressure of some sort), but distinctly unimpressive interior space, both up & down.

Don't know how you managed to twist your foot Roger, but hope that you are soon able to hobble down the pub for some anaesthetic. You did well to make the train, that station is still a mystery to me, we only boarded with 1min to spare!

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I am out and about again today, I am needed for photo duty as my wife is graduating, hopefully will be posting again tomorrow though.

Thanks to everyone at Brum, a couple of instant special mentions to Roger for starting it and Gill for the organisation once we were all there.

Brilliant to put names to faces, and I am guessing a few funny stories to come.

Roger, you seemed to be limping before the Wellington at the end, do you have any idea what you did?

And also as AEM was distributing t-shirts to all the bar staff on the journey was I the only one mentally hearing a loud yell in an Irish voice of 'GIRLS' in their head?

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Great to meet you all

I went on to a few pubs after - leaving a card on the condom machine in the 'John Bright' - see - i work fast!
    MILD:

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Just want to add my bit that we had a great time meeting up with everyone, and glad you all got something out of your day. Hope you are not suffering too much with your foot Roger.

Looking forward to dropping off the cards wherever we travel now, and do our bit.

Will have an easy day today, local fest in Kings Heath Cricket Club, so will sample one or two there.

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

A splendid day out (to the best of my somewhat imperfect recollection).

I've put a few names to a few faces, but still have some work to do here.

I have just uploaded 10 photographs of the Bartons Arms which should be visible shortly when Dave approves them.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Roger, you seemed to be limping before the Wellington at the end, do you have any idea what you did?
    Are you sure you're not mixing up staggering with limping. Not a clue how I did it but I'm gonna blame a dodgy pavement somewhere along the line. Not sure how I'll cope with the mile walk to WHL and an evening standing up at an Ash gig tonight but I'll get through it somehow.

Well folks that was a grand day in the field. A great bunch of people. A few moderate beers in the Anchor I'm sorry to say,but aside from that definitely something worth doing again!!!!!!!!!! Dare I say "DRINK!"...............