Ads not shown when logged in
Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Looking forward to a wander round Saltaire, Shipley and Baildon, tomorrow, with 'oldboots'. I'm sure there'll be some decent contenders for BOTW.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Looking forward to a wander round Saltaire, Shipley and Baildon, tomorrow, with 'oldboots'. I'm sure there'll be some decent contenders for BOTW.
    The Junction in Baildon is brewing its own nowadays so we'll have to try that.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

After a two month delay while the hull got patched up,back on the move next week.Planning a pilgrimage to The Marble Arch ,Manchester with Mr Phat on the evening of Tuesday 18th Sept to see if the pub is as good as I recall three years ago,before pub reviewing took over my life

If any of the other local correspondents fancy meeting up in there,that would be great.I know there are some other great venues in The Northern Quarter,but if the Marble beers are on form,it may be difficult to leave.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    After a two month delay while the hull got patched up,back on the move next week.Planning a pilgrimage to The Marble Arch ,Manchester with Mr Phat on the evening of Tuesday 18th Sept to see if the pub is as good as I recall three years ago,before pub reviewing took over my life

If any of the other local correspondents fancy meeting up in there,that would be great.I know there are some other great venues in The Northern Quarter,but if the Marble beers are on form,it may be difficult to leave.
    I don't usually drink that early in the week, I tend to break the duck on a Thursday. If you don't fancy the N/4 proper, take a trip down the road to the Angel, especially if it's a decent day. Much cheaper than the Marble Arch, a decent range, and barmaids more pleasing on the eye...

Spritzer Swallower

Here's a challenge for those near Maidstone and Medway:

http://www.155bus.co.uk/#/155-bus-pu...how/4568700679

Using a bus to save your local pubs, while using your local pubs to save a bus service.

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkplug View Post
    Here's a challenge for those near Maidstone and Medway:

http://www.155bus.co.uk/#/155-bus-pu...how/4568700679

Using a bus to save your local pubs, while using your local pubs to save a bus service.
    Sussex CAMRA have been doing regular 'Bus to the Pub' trips for some time. Beer & public transport have an obvious affinity (for example, today I shall be using several trains to get me to & from Cambridge).
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

Beer/footy trips on the cards include 22 Sep - Faversham (a bit of neutral non-league ground hopping), 5/6 Oct - the Brum bash match undetrmined at the mo, 13-17 Oct - not booked yet but hopefully 5 days in Barrow (a hefty away game) with Ulvaston, Windermere and anywhere else I can get to on a bus, 28 Oct Southampton (if I can get a match ticket), 12 Nov Medway Hopper Festival (no footy but a great fest) and 18-21 Nov to a yet to be decided destination, possibly Sheffield (with a trip to Rotherham's new pad). Apart from that, not much occuring. If anyone wants to meet/accompany me on any stretch of any of these dates, do let me know.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    The Junction in Baildon is brewing its own nowadays so we'll have to try that.
    Really good to see you on Tuesday 'ob'. Another excellent day out. The Junction was definitely my pub of the day and I suspect the Blonde may well be BOTW, after that initial shock.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    not booked yet but hopefully 5 days in Barrow (a hefty away game) with Ulvaston, Windermere and anywhere else I can get to on a bus,
    Now booked up to this rather isolated patch of the country. It's an area of few worthwhile reviews at the moment but does seem to have some reasonable enough pubs if you do enough research.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

This coming Sat, maybe Snorbans.

I've booked train to Lewes 06Oct for the Snowdrop's 'Great Beer Exposition 2012'. If any southern based PGers cannot make the previous day's Black Country tour or, unlikely, survived the excesses of the Black Country tour, I'll be staggering around between noon & 18:00-ish (I think).

12Oct an overnight in Manchester, family stuff then hoping to meet some boyhood pals but suspect they'll be having slipper re-treads, or somesuch, on the day.

Booked train to Pompey for 27Oct, just coz it became available at £1ew (Southampton & Portsmouth are easiest for this price; sorry Roger, not Sundays)

Hope to get a cheap cheapy to Nottingham (then Beeston) for a Sat in November.

I'm in Derby overnight 16Nov and a beerfest (I'm told) at Uttoxeter races 17Nov.

Norwich: hmmm, I'll be watching that space...