Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Hello All newbie here requesting some help

Spritzer Swallower

Red face Hello All newbie here requesting some help

Hi all,
    As a newbie to this forum i would like to say hello, and if any of you are in the South East, i have just bought The Seahorse Pub in Greatstone. myself and my wife are trying to turn it round at the moment and we would welcome any of the old regulars and even some new ones in to meet us try our Ales (we have guest Ales every week now not just London Pride)... i would also like to know if anyone can help me update the details for the pub on here as a few of the details are wrong i.e. address and name to start with! and i would like to add the website Facebook page etc.... anyway if anyone can help or the admin team are reading pppllleeaassee help.
    Hope your all well guys and i look forward to welcoming you into our establishment
    cheers
    Danny

Hi Danny,

If want to change any details for the Seahorse you can report them via the That Doesn't Go There section of the forum.

You have added a review of the pub on the Pubs Galore site. Further down the page you can add the pub's website details using the Add New Web Link button (include the full address, http://www.theseahorsepub.com).

I notice you rate the pub as 10 out of 10. You know what they say about self praise
    Waes hael!

Spritzer Swallower

Hi Andy,

ha ha ha thanks for your reply yeah i know but ya gotta try ehh LOL... i just thought an owner down marking himself might make people think its not that good! but we are trying hard and hope people enjoy what we have done in 3 months.........
    cheers for the details on adding stuff i will give that a go.

cheers for your help again

Danny

Hi Danny

My parents used to live in Meehan Road, and in fact I still own a property in that road. I have very fond memories of The Seahorse, and in particular the excellent Sunday lunches a previous proprietor used to provide. In fact I remember Greatstone from the late 1950s, when it was a very different place. My sister still lives in Greatstone and I plan to visit in the summer and will make a pont of dropping in to sample tha ales. It would have to be an improvement on my last a visit a few years ago, when there was no ale of any kind - even the London Pride had been discontinued! Best of luck with the venture - you are blessed with a superb location right on the seafront.

Rex

Spritzer Swallower

Hi Rex,
    Thanks for your reply, yeah it was well know for its Sunday roasts and we are trying to get that back..... its been my local for 20ish years and i didn't want to see it closed down....hence the working hard to revive it! We will look forward to meeting you in the summer, and please make yourself know, its always good to put a face to the writing! Yeah i have only been into Ales for about 18 months but prefer them over everything else, so i started as i meant to go on and changed the 2 pumps of london pride to 1 and brought in a guest ale, which as been going very well, especially London Glory and Sharpe's Doombar (both i actually enjoy myself) we did have a couple of no go's but we are trying different ones every other week or so depending on deliveries and where i can get my Ales from.... we have Joined SIBA which allows us as tied brewery publicans to use breweries from around the country, so we love suggestions and try our hardest to get them...... I'm an ex marine so currently trying to get Commando from Cotleigh brewery down in Somerset, so things are changing slowly.
    Anyway thats enough of my drivel, we look forward to welcoming you and you're family in the summer.
    Cheers
    Danny

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYCR View Post
    I'm an ex marine so currently trying to get Commando from Cotleigh brewery down in Somerset, so things are changing slowly.
    OK, as ex bootneck you may like to investigate Irvine Brewery offerings, perhaps more Grey Funnel than you would wish, and not sure if delivery is too far

Type 42, Invincible, Frigate etc

Declares interest, ex milk churn / skate / matelot, living near Pompey
    Last edited by Farway; 14-03-2012 at 14:05. Reason: typo
    I drink to make others more interesting

Spritzer Swallower

Ha ha ha ha well i guess i can allow some Navy stuff into the boozer! LOL yeah i will have a look at that, i mean i have treated myself to the Kings schilling Tankard from Nautilica, to drink my ales from so i guess a Matelot Ale won't be to far wrong

cheers
    Farway