Ads not shown when logged in
Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

This Space For Hire

Archway Tavern - £3.50 for a half of Hammerton's Panama Creature (4.3% ABV).

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Archway Tavern - £3.50 for a half of Hammerton's Panama Creature (4.3% ABV).
    I presume keg?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

My first drink in Shakespeare's in Sheffield since reopening. Nothing very interesting on cask (Barnsley Bitter and a couple from Abbeydale Brewery), so I had a look at the keg offerings. Went for three thirds*. The lass behind the bar said, before she started pouring my third third, "That one's £6.50 for a third!". OK, I said. I've got to spend it on something so it might as well be that, I thought. Actually it was pretty good. The other two were not bad; no idea how much they cost.

*Yonder Annie, a 6.8% saison with plums and herbs; Naparbier Angry Monkey, an 8% DIPA, and Hoppin' Frog, a 9.4% rye whiskey barrel aged imperial stout. I guess that bringing it all the way from Akron, Ohio is what makes it so expensive.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    My first drink in Shakespeare's in Sheffield since reopening. Nothing very interesting on cask (Barnsley Bitter and a couple from Abbeydale Brewery), so I had a look at the keg offerings. Went for three thirds*. The lass behind the bar said, before she started pouring my third third, "That one's £6.50 for a third!". OK, I said. I've got to spend it on something so it might as well be that, I thought. Actually it was pretty good. The other two were not bad; no idea how much they cost.

*Yonder Annie, a 6.8% saison with plums and herbs; Naparbier Angry Monkey, an 8% DIPA, and Hoppin' Frog, a 9.4% rye whiskey barrel aged imperial stout. I guess that bringing it all the way from Akron, Ohio is what makes it so expensive.
    If I enjoy what I'm drinking and can afford the price I don't have a problem with the price. Impressed with your choices Will.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    If I enjoy what I'm drinking and can afford the price I don't have a problem with the price. Impressed with your choices Will.
    Thanks Mick. I was a little unsteady on my feet leaving the pub. (Hic!)
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I presume keg?
    Of course - I forgot. Not a keg drinker, I forgot the extra cost, no doubt to cover cost of the extreme refrigeration.

This Space For Hire

Hop Stuff IPA at £5.88 a pint at The Blind Beggar a week or so ago - the Krays are seemingly alive and well...

This Space For Hire

Got 4 beers from Sainsburys all decent but one of them was £4 for 440 ml which is £5 a pint.Now £5 a pint would be at the upper end for cask but the lower end for keg but for a tin of beer in a supermarket its mega imo.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Slightly off thread, but do we have any whisky aficionados here?
    I wanted a 60yr-old Speyside for a gift, but that seems to run into £thousands. I found a 30yr-old at ~£350, iirc, still expensive but does that seem ok..?
    Thanks, j

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Slightly off thread, but do we have any whisky aficionados here?
    I wanted a 60yr-old Speyside for a gift, but that seems to run into £thousands. I found a 30yr-old at ~£350, iirc, still expensive but does that seem ok..?
    Thanks, j
    I'm only a beginner on whisky, Jim. I have yet to pay much more than £30 for a bottle, so £350 seems like a hell of a lot. Have you had a look at the gift ideas on this website?
    Come On You Hatters!