Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Few Corrections (Well more than few!)

Default Few Corrections (Well more than few!)

Hi Conrad.. I want to point out corrections..

Coleshill, Warwickshire.. Should be upgraded from Village to Town.

Remove Edgbaston from Warwickshire (They are in Birmingham)

These towns/Village should transfer from Staffordshire to Warwickshire..

Kingsbury
    No Man's Heath
    Polesworth
    Dordon
    Newton Regis
    Birchmoor
    Warton
    Piccadilly

I know their postcode same as Tamworth, Staffordshire but they are actually in Warwickshire.

Administrator

Hi Hopwas,

Rule on towns is they have to be UK post towns. So Coleshill will have to petition the Royal Mail .

I have moved Edgbaston to be part of Birmingham (I have no idea why that was a town), but still in Warwickshire, let me know if that is wrong.

All the villages you mention are in Warwickshire, with the exception of No Man's Heath which is in Leicestershire? If you look at one of them Piccadilly for instance, the breadcrumb across the screen tells you its location, so England > Warwickshire > Tamworth > Piccadilly. In Staffordshire it is shown under Tamworth as that is its postal town, in Warwickshire it is shown as a village at the bottom. In this way users should be able to find it either way they go about finding it.

Hope that helps

Hi!

I can assure you No Man's Heath is in Warwickshire.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Man%...(four_counties) I should know as I live about 7 miles away.

Bit harsh on Coleshill's status! They have been town since Medieval times but I respect "UK Post Town" rules. Coleshill residents wont be pleased to hear their town listed as "Village" on PG!

On Edgbaston.. have a look at this map.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgbaston Nowhere near Warwickshire!

As for Staffordshire/Warwickshire.. thats fine by me, just bit confusing for me thats all!

Thanks for your time

Ian

Administrator

Ok I have moved No Man's Heath to Warwickshire. I think it is understandable me not being sure (Wikipedia article)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Today a small village exists there, also called No Man's Heath. The county boundary which used to divide the village between Leicester and Warwickshire has been re-drawn to place the whole village in Warwickshire.[1] The village pub is appropriately called The Four Counties Inn.
    Leicestershire, Warwickshire, and Staffordshire meet about half a mile (800 m) north west of the village and Derbyshire, Leicestershire, and Staffordshire meet a further half mile north west. There is an ancient (probably Mercian) stone, divided into four parts, which may mark the point where the four counties met before boundary adjustments.

If Coleshill can come up with a system that clearly tells me what a Town is and provide a list of all Localities that comply, then I will still leave them as a sub-district as this site is about PUBS.

I have deleted Edgbaston, it was just confusing issues as it had no pubs in it anyway, someone can add it when it gets something of value to do with the West Midlands in it.

Conrad

Didint realise it was big deal about counties arguments! Ok I'll leave Coleshill as it was. (Althrough I still think I am right )

Warwickshire CCC is unique among cricket counties as they are only first class county team dont play their games in their own county! Middlesex CCC still exists but county of Middlesex no longer (Middlesex dissolved in 1960's)

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Gloucestershire CCC mostly plays at Nevil Road, Bristol. Nevil Road, Bristol is not in Gloucestershire, it was in Avon and now is in Bristol.

I am not even cricket fan and I know that

Thanks Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Gloucestershire CCC mostly plays at Nevil Road, Bristol. Nevil Road, Bristol is not in Gloucestershire, it was in Avon and now is in Bristol.

I am not even cricket fan and I know that

Thanks Dave
    Iam surprised of your "cricketing" knowledge!

However they do occasionally play in Cheltenham and Gloucester itself which both are in Gloucestershire.

Warwickshire CCC havent played in Warwickshire since early 1980's and they play all home games in West Midlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Bristol is not in Gloucestershire, it was in Avon and now is in Bristol.

When I were a lad there was no "county" of Avon, I believe Bristol north of the R. Avon was in Gloucestershire and Bristol south of the river was in Somerset. Same thing with Hampshire CC, they play (ed?) at Bournemouth now firmly in Dorset or Lancashire at Old Trafford now in Greater Manchester or our old friend Edgbaston in West Midlands.

Blame that Ted Heath for messing on with the old boundaries for political advantage.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I was glossing over the before Avon bit. Have to say for our purposes on the PG site, Avon was far easier than any of the other variations as it allowed us to avoid problems with Bristol sprawling through multiple counties

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Hampshire CC, they play (ed?) at Bournemouth now firmly in Dorset
    Indeed they played at Dean Park, Bournemouth for many years before permanently moved to Rose Bowl, Southampton. Bournemouth was originally part of Hampshire before Heath decided to mess about in 1974!

Lancashire play at Liverpool and Southport which is in Merseyside once a year.