Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Report A Picture

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    There seriously are some shit pictures on here for example ones taken from buses or other modes of transport with the pub a distant blur.
    A good recent example here ( March 2015 picture). And this is not even a picture of the original building intended for the page if you read Quinnos review.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 09-03-2015 at 21:04.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I would like to thank you for taking the time to cut me down to size!
    Your welcome, happy to help
    I drink to make others more interesting

Please disregard my previous comment, I was under the influence!
    I'm glad this important subject has been raised. I wish that there was some sort of device which would allow regular contributers to supress old photos of pubs, especially those that have been refubished. A good example is http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubpictures/42455/ The previous photo is a good one, but it shows the pub in a state of closure. In some cases, might it be an idea to contant the photographer and ask them if they could supress their own photo? This would be a more freindly approach.

Another angle to looking at poor photos on this site, is that they don't give a good impression of Pubs Galore. Photos don't have to be perfect, but they should at least be a clear image of the pub.

That's me off my soapbox!
    Last edited by Lady Grey; 11-03-2015 at 12:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Grey View Post

That's also that picture off the main page.

As far as I'm concerned if anyone does want to report a picture here I'll happily take a look at it especially if
    a pub has changed look/name etc.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Not at all - We are all entitled to our opinions, and what I like about this site is that we can express them and discuss amicably.

For my part, I quite like seeing the older photos, as long as they are reasonable quality. That lets us see pubs as they change over time, and we can see a pub's history to some extent. It's interesting to see changes in name, colour scheme and so on. But I do agree that the front page photo should be a recent one and should be of the exterior as a rule, with the caveat that not all exteriors are obvious. What I mean by that is that sometimes a bar may be part of a commercial block and difficult to differentiate from adjacent businesses, for example.

I'll stay on me own

Please disreguard my previous comment, I was under the influence!
    I'm glad this important subject has been raised. I wish that there was some sort of device which would allow regular contributers to supress old photos of pubs, especially those that have been refubished. A good example is http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubpictures/42455/ The previous photo is a good one, but it shows the pub in a state of closure. In some cases, might it be an idea to contant the photographer and ask them if they could supress their own photo? This would be a more freindly approach.

Another angle to looking at poor photos on this site, is that they don't give a good impression of Pubs Galore. Photos don't have to be perfect, but they should at least be a clear image of the pub.

I have now deleted my photo and review of the Three Tuns in Alcester as they are no longer needed on the site.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I have now deleted my photo and review of the Three Tuns in Alcester as they are no longer needed on the site.
    Al, I wish you would reconsider your actions. No one said your review was not needed on the site. And Helen only suggested that the photo of the pub when it was closed should not appear on the pub's front page - which has been the theme of this thread, and which we have been discussing like grown ups (albeit inebriated grown ups, at times). I'm not sure if your actions in this regard constitute throwing the baby out with the bath water, or throwing your rattle out of the pram. Either way, please pick it up again.
    Come On You Hatters!

You didn't need to delete your photo, like ETA said it shows the history of the pub.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Al, I wish you would reconsider your actions. No one said your review was not needed on the site. And Helen only suggested that the photo of the pub when it was closed should not appear on the pub's front page - which has been the theme of this thread, and which we have been discussing like grown ups (albeit inebriated grown ups, at times). I'm not sure if your actions in this regard constitute throwing the baby out with the bath water, or throwing your rattle out of the pram. Either way, please pick it up again.
    I was'nt being mardy about deleting my review and photo of the Three Tuns.

I did'nt go in the pub so my review saying it is closed and looks a state inside is not now needed on the site in my opinion,i will only delete reviews and photos of pubs that i have taken when trying to do the pub that is closed and then reopens.

Definatly not being mardy just trying to help.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

I was'nt being mardy about deleting my review and photo of the Three Tuns.

Definatly not being mardy just trying to help.
    Hehe, bet there's a fair few on here who have no clue what mardy means
    Ok, maybe just for one......................