Ads not shown when logged in
Page 383 of 428 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 4277

Thread: Random news of the day

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    These are all the MILDs I drank last year:
    Did you just count those which had 'mild' in the name? I seem to increasingly come across dark brews, sometimes claiming to be porters but often just with a silly name, which I would categorise as milds. And that's not even thinking about what we used to call light milds (are there any left?). I know some brewers decided to stop using the term - presumably under advice from brand-mongers - like McMullens, which you do call AK Mild but they don't any more!
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Did you just count those which had 'mild' in the name? I seem to increasingly come across dark brews, sometimes claiming to be porters but often just with a silly name, which I would categorise as milds. And that's not even thinking about what we used to call light milds (are there any left?). I know some brewers decided to stop using the term - presumably under advice from brand-mongers - like McMullens, which you do call AK Mild but they don't any more!
    A quite common place Mild (for me anyway) is Triple fffs Pressed Rat & Warthog and to a slightly lesser extent but not rare is Timmy Taylors Golden Best, it may not look like one but technically is a mild.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    No, on my spreadsheet I have a column for beer style, so a beer will appear as a mild even though the word is not included in the name. (To avoid repeating the word, if mild is in the beer name I drop it when entering it into the name column. The exception would be Buxton Mild, whose name is just MILD and so can't be dropped!) Out of the 11 different beers in my list, seven (I think) have MILD in the name, but Dark Masquerade, Holderness Dark, AK and Vimy Bomber do not. Timothy Taylor Golden Best is a mild, and it would have been on that list if I had drunk any.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    No, on my spreadsheet I have a column for beer style, so a beer will appear as a mild even though the word is not included in the name. (To avoid repeating the word, if mild is in the beer name I drop it when entering it into the name column. The exception would be Buxton Mild, whose name is just MILD and so can't be dropped!).
    Good work!
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Out doing a few Winfields in the Brummagem 'burbs this evening, where one might expect at least one sighting of Banks's Original, but nothing. 0 out of 5. Zilch mild anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Out doing a few Winfields in the Brummagem 'burbs this evening, where one might expect at least one sighting of Banks's Original, but nothing. 0 out of 5. Zilch mild anywhere.
    Any John Smiths smooth crap?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Any John Smiths smooth crap?
    Not in those parts - it's Worthies all the way!

This Space For Hire

Reading beer fest cancelled again.

This Space For Hire

Referring to mild .I know a guy called Martin Mild the Man who regularly gets 300 + a year.last.year due to the pandemic he got 122 ofwhich 49 were new milds.They.are around but as he had mentioned a bit harder to get nowadays.

I am a salmon !!