Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloody Awful Beer Of The Week

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    Point taken Nick, but surely a pint of a regular if uninteresting beer is better than a cold fake pint like draught Guinness?
    I agree with that, following my downfall with London Pride I went along the road a few doors, drawn in The Perserverance by notice outside, "cask ales", lying toads, only btiter was keg Worthington Best, but it was outstanding compared to the LP I had drunk in The Star

Worst Beer I had this week was in The Alfred Herring A Pint of directors it was absolutely bloody rank tasted like it had Iron Fillings & Blackcurrant in it. Ive not had a Pint that bad for ages I took one gulp and left quickly it made me feel Ill. As I only Paid £1.39 I could not be bothered complaining. But I had too got too another spoons for three Pints of Side Pocket just to get rid of the Taste.

P/s Only reason I had Directors is the only guest Ale on was Hilden and I already tried that the day before elsewhere that won't good but it was nowhere near as bad as the Directors.
    Last edited by Alesonly; 19-03-2010 at 15:10.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

A month ago, I had worst stout I can remember at Silk Kite.. Sporran's Winter Ale. Shockingly awful and NO taste at all.

Sales were so bad that Silk Kite forced to reduce the price from £1.95 to £1.09.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

I tried the Gael Rua in Ipswich and I have to agree it's bloody awful, I suspect there's some sort of aged in whiskey barrels thing going on . Second worst was Brain's Bread of Heaven - sweet and thick, - disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I tried the Gael Rua in Ipswich and I have to agree it's bloody awful, I suspect there's some sort of aged in whiskey barrels thing going on . Second worst was Brain's Bread of Heaven - sweet and thick, - disgusting.
    Must have been a bad batch or poorly kept Oldboots - when we traded with Brains we got that in for the 6 nations, and it was a strong seller for us

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie86 View Post
    Must have been a bad batch or poorly kept Oldboots - when we traded with Brains we got that in for the 6 nations, and it was a strong seller for us
    Maybe a bad batch although Brain's are usually reliable, the pub is GBG listed and has a good local reputation. I took the Brain's as the other choices were Adnams Bitter, Youngs Ordinary, Pride or Spitfire.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Had a pint of Woodfordes W.O.P.P.A. last night a couple of people were raving about it , it was bloody awfull hardly any flavour then a great dollop of what tasted like burnt onions at the back of the throat , yuk
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Met up with Quinno an the Harp in Covent Garden on Thursday. We then moved on to the Ship & Shovell but only after he dropped to his knees and begged me to take him the legendary Boadicea at Charing Crross station. I tried hard to talk him out of it, God did I try hard. I slapped him, tried bribing him and even had 999 perched under my dialling finger but he was so persuasive. I succumbed and had a pint of Pride. I'm OK now.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Maybe a bad batch although Brain's are usually reliable, the pub is GBG listed and has a good local reputation. I took the Brain's as the other choices were Adnams Bitter, Youngs Ordinary, Pride or Spitfire.
    Our village club had Bread of Heaven as its guest beer recently and it was very popular. Being priced at £2.15 might have had something to do with it (being 50p cheaper than the regular Harveys and Master Brew in the club, and a whole £1.15 cheaper than the guest ales in the nearby pub), but it certainly tasted OK to me although I probably wouldn't choose to drink it on a regular basis or where there was a wider selection.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Met up with Quinno an the Harp in Covent Garden on Thursday. We then moved on to the Ship & Shovell but only after he dropped to his knees and begged me to take him the legendary Boadicea at Charing Crross station. I tried hard to talk him out of it, God did I try hard. I slapped him, tried bribing him and even had 999 perched under my dialling finger but he was so persuasive. I succumbed and had a pint of Pride. I'm OK now.
    Excellent. But what news of Quinno. Have they discharged him yet? His review is eagerly awaited.