Ads not shown when logged in
Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    Thanks Al - sorry to hear you've been unwell. Hope you have a speedy recovery and are back in the boozer soon.

The frequency of buses should make this a lot more straightforward than I'd expected. Just one question - do I buy the zig-zag ticket from the bus driver?
    Yes just ask on the bus for the Zig Zag ticket they are a big seller on TB buses,you should get to Stapleford quite quick at that time of the day,when you pass Sandicliffe car dealership and the housing looks more grotty,you are quite close to your stop.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    do I buy the zig-zag ticket from the bus driver?
    Yes. Although the zig zag will get you out to Stapleford (which I think is just outside the range of the more flexible 'kangaroo') you can only use it on Trent Barton buses. £5pp (or £4.50 with your Camra card) OR, if in a group, incredibly just £9 for up to five people!

I4 got us back to Canning Circus in less than 15mins, I think it only stopped once! Still a way from there to the ground tho...
    Horse & Jockey was good for beers but not exceptional as a pub. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have it in West Norwood, but some of the exceptionally strong competition must be wondering how it got local poty.
    I particularly liked what they call the 'beer matrix' - a graphical view with light-to-dark along the horizontal and low-to-high-abv along the vertical, and pumpclips of what's on pinned in the appropriate co-ordinate.

02Nov, aiming for first visit to Partridge Green and new(-ish) Dark Star HQ. Got my southern daysaves - fantastic go-anywhere, hop-on-hop-off southern trains for £28 for 4!
    The bus to Partridge Green will cost the same as London-Brighton rtn!
    Having missed Burning Sky beers at Lewes Snowdrop last week (not ready), did you get home ok PoH?, have emailed to ask where the brewery is, and where outlets will be; hope to find that somewhere. I guess with Mr Tranter's history there's a chance it may guest at the Partridge?

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    02Nov, aiming for first visit to Partridge Green and new(-ish) Dark Star HQ. Got my southern daysaves - fantastic go-anywhere, hop-on-hop-off southern trains for £28 for 4!
    The bus to Partridge Green will cost the same as London-Brighton rtn!
    Having missed Burning Sky beers at Lewes Snowdrop last week (not ready), did you get home ok PoH?, have emailed to ask where the brewery is, and where outlets will be; hope to find that somewhere. I guess with Mr Tranter's history there's a chance it may guest at the Partridge?
    Hiya tm. Got home fine this year, I'm glad to say. Hope you got some Dobber down your neck.
    2 November, you say.....? It's a fine pub, by the way. There's a shop at the brewery, too, although the walk between pub & brewery is a bit of a nuisance.
    I think Mark Tranter (and his new brewery) are somewhere in or around Firle, east of Lewes. The Snowdrop are promising an event to launch the beers, to make up for the no-show last weekend. Have to see if Burning Sky gets on to the Partridge bar (mind you, I find it easier to get to & from Brighton or Lewes much of the time).
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

I'll stay on me own

Off to Oakham tomorrow with my brother,hope to do all pubs in the town plus a few more nearby,the pubs look quite close by so not too much walking,this will hopefully get me back into the swing of pub crawling again.

I seem to have lost my mojo for reviewing at the moment, so i hope this crawl gets me going again,i sill have lots of recent visits to review but car'nt get round to doing them even though i am off work at the moment with loads of time to spare.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Off to Gloucester for a few days - may visit a pub, after the docks and the cathedral
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Off to Gloucester for a few days - may visit a pub, after the docks and the cathedral
    When are you in Gloucester Soupy?

We're there next Tuesday & Wednesday.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Tomorrow, Rob - we come back on Sunday. Any recommendations, as i haven't had chance to check any places out?
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Tomorrow, Rob - we come back on Sunday. Any recommendations, as i haven't had chance to check any places out?
    Haven't fully checked it out myself yet and we haven't been before (which is why we're going).

But The Pelican, Dick Whittington & Fountain all look good.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas