Ads not shown when logged in
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: How Will Pubs Open?

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Well, in my nearest 'Spoons, one of the guest ales has been on since a week last Saturday - Tring Nosebag (on since 05/06 at 14:46). Looks like one more reason for not going in one of Tim Martin's pubs.
    Ditto here, Exmoor Gold ( 3/06 ) and Ringwood Fortyniner (4/06).
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Ditto here, Exmoor Gold ( 3/06 ) and Ringwood Fortyniner (4/06).
    The earliest dates in there are 03/06, I'm really hoping that the reason they appear to have been on that long is that there was more than one cask and they never removed it from the system whilst changing.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Well, in my nearest 'Spoons, one of the guest ales has been on since a week last Saturday - Tring Nosebag (on since 05/06 at 14:46). Looks like one more reason for not going in one of Tim Martin's pubs.
    Not just JDW...reminds me of this GK establishment. The Rocking Rudolph would have been hanging around somewhere or another for a good six weeks.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Not just JDW...reminds me of this GK establishment. The Rocking Rudolph would have been hanging around somewhere or another for a good six weeks.
    Not sure I'd welcome it at the start of the festive season, which of course commences in September.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post

In my local Stonegate a couple of weeks back they had Ale 1 - £2.25, Ale 2 - £2.45, Ale 3 - £2.65 & Butcombe £2.85. I already knew they only had Butcombe on having checked the clips, so I tried ordering an Ale 1 and got a Butcombe at a discount.
    Brilliant - I must try that! Provided I can navigate the usual hurdle of refusal to turn the clips round when beers are off, so working out what is actually on is difficult, never mind which is Ale 1 etc.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Brilliant - I must try that! Provided I can navigate the usual hurdle of refusal to turn the clips round when beers are off, so working out what is actually on is difficult, never mind which is Ale 1 etc.
    Like Fuller's pubs with their 'spade' handles where the clips can't be reversed.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Like Fuller's pubs with their 'spade' handles where the clips can't be reversed.
    And assuming you can get near the pumps in the first place. These days the bar blockers have thankfully gone but in the more jobsworthy places (M&B branches seem particularly prone to this) you get interviewed by the person on the door brandishing a clipboard with the QR code on it, then whisked away to a table of their choice without getting sight of the pumps. But the clips may well be reversed anyway for the benefit of the bar staff.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    And assuming you can get near the pumps in the first place. These days the bar blockers have thankfully gone but in the more jobsworthy places (M&B branches seem particularly prone to this) you get interviewed by the person on the door brandishing a clipboard with the QR code on it, then whisked away to a table of their choice without getting sight of the pumps. But the clips may well be reversed anyway for the benefit of the bar staff.
    I never know why it is that some brewers don't make clips with the name of the beer on the reverse. Another annoyance is pubs with the bar displaying a giant palisade fence of illuminated chrome founts for fizz, looking for all the world like some keyboard being played by Rick Wakeman, e.g. Good Samaritan

And no jobsworth at The Salmon & Ball for the England/Scotland match, when standing customers were packed in like sardines rather than turned away.

This Space For Hire

Has anyone else noticed pubs closing due to staff receiving a positive test due to the 'pingdemic'? Three so far for me, though the number is bound to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Has anyone else noticed pubs closing due to staff receiving a positive test due to the 'pingdemic'? Three so far for me, though the number is bound to go up.
    Two in the last two weeks, The Murderers in Norwich and Bricklayers Arms in Putney yesterday. I read somewhere that now reopened they are for the short term only allowing entry with proof of double vaccination or up to date negative covid test, a long explanation for their actions appear on their Facebook page.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields