Ads not shown when logged in
Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

This Space For Hire

As its London hard to tell on price alone but it being Kernal its a K.And it being one of my favourite beers I hope you liked it.cheers

This Space For Hire

Called for a swift half in here the other lunchtime. A guy came in and ordered three pints of Camden Hells for which he was quoted £15.30. I feared for a moment first aid might be required. Seems he just wanted three pints of lager (and one of those with a generous top) and that was the first pump he spotted.

Broke my record last night at Bristol's Famous Royal Navy Volunteer with a pint of Wild Beer's The Blend 2015 for the princely sum of £7.00 (I'd asked for a half, but cloth ears obviously didn't hear...)
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

Yesterday in the Punch and Judy in Covent Garden a pint and a half of Peroni set me back a jawdropping £9.35p. This is pub daylight robbery,at least Dick Turpin wore a mask

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino View Post
    Broke my record last night at Bristol's Famous Royal Navy Volunteer with a pint of Wild Beer's The Blend 2015 for the princely sum of £7.00 (I'd asked for a half, but cloth ears obviously didn't hear...)
    If I'd asked for a half and been poured a pint, I'd have paid £3.50. Or walked out...
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    If I'd asked for a half and been poured a pint, I'd have paid £3.50. Or walked out...
    I think I must be a glutton for punishment, SH...
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Reminds me of a particular dopiness in a Wetherspoon's the other day

Nick: Half of Old Nadger's Scrotum Bugler please.

Personage of an East European disposition starts pouring a pint of Old Nadger.

Nick: Hang on just a half.

Latvian: You said "I'll have a Old Nadger's Scrotum Bugler"

Nick: But I didn't and if I did I'd say "I'll have a pint of Old Nadger's Scrotum Bugler please" if I wanted a pint.

By which point your reserve of emotional energy is exhausted, the pint is accepted, and you feel stupidly grateful you've got a 50p Camra voucher to make up for the thirty minutes of life you'll never get back.

This Space For Hire

As a beer ticker and half pint drinker I use the international symbol of asking for a half holding my index finger and thumb about 2 inches apart.Rarely fails in loud pubs or with our European cousins in London pubs. Get in the habit. If this fails and you are not happy you can use 2 other fingers to show your displeasure.Equally understood by most staff

This Space For Hire

[QUOTE=Komakino;83605]Broke my record last night at Bristol's Famous Royal Navy Volunteer with a pint of Wild Beer's The Blend 2015 for the princely sum of £7.00 (I'd asked for a half, but cloth ears obviously didn't hear...)[/QUOTHH
    Had the opposite problem in the Hop Locker Waterloo.Got a pint of a beer from a new supposedly great brewer and half way done I was fed up with it.The server came from behind the bar picked up my glass and downed it thinking it was his beer.He apologised and I selected a new more expensive half as a replacement.nice one.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

£7.35 yesterday for a pint and a half of Twickenham Naked Ladies in The Zetland Arms . Assuming the half is not weighted that's £4.90 a pint for a relatively local beer.
    Ok, maybe just for one......................