Ads not shown when logged in
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Next PuG pub crawl(s)

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Almost certainly can't make this now.

Ms CAMRA had to be rushed in for an emergency eye op due to a detached retina.

Everything went fine (hopefully) but she can't do a lot for herself at the moment due to lack of vision and needs drops in every 2 hours.

Sorry to hear the bad news, ROB. Please pass on mine and Mrs a&h's regards.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    I will be arriving in Shrewsbury at 11.19 to tick off a few pubs close to the station before catching either the 12.33 or 12.47 to Wellington,so I will catch up with the crawl in The Pheasant,assuming the route on post 151 has not changed.
    I've decided not to do Shrewsbury after all, as it means an early start and rules out the use of a Derbyshire Wayfarer to get me from Sheffield to Burton on Trent. My train from Birmingham gets into Wellington at 12:05....

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Arriva the only bus operator around here , apart from a few obscure routes .
    £2 is a good price for the plus-bus , the Wellington - Oakengates fare probably over £3 now they have just whacked the prices up again
    ...and yes, I have included Plus Bus for Wellington.
    Come On You Hatters!

Left it late to plan this because I'm an idiot!

Is PlusBus ruled-out as part of the ticket-buying process?

And is the meet-up in Wellington Spoons aiming for midday?

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Yes aiming for a 12-12.30 meet up in the Wellington Spoons , then meet up with anybody arriving from Shrewsbury 12.45 -1.00 in the Pheasant .

If you dont get a Plus-bus you can pay on the bus , be about £3.
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post

Ms CAMRA had to be rushed in for an emergency eye op due to a detached retina.
    Goodness ROB! I hope the missus is comfortable, and on track for speedy recovery. Best rgds, tm

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Yes aiming for a 12-12.30 meet up in the Wellington Spoons , then meet up with anybody arriving from Shrewsbury 12.45 -1.00 in the Pheasant .
    My train arrives at Wellington at 12.47 ,so see you all shortly thereafter in The Pheasant for a long days drinking
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

A few directions/short cuts for those of you who dont know Wellington .

If you are heading to the William Withering first , when you exit the Station with the Station Hotel in front of you turn left , it looks a dead end but there is a set of steps that lead to the Bus Station , there is an alleyway next to the Tinhouse Restaurant that leads to the mainstreet , the William Withering is on the left as you leave the alley.

If you are heading to the Pheasant first , with the Station Hotel in front of you turn right , turn left by the Beacon pub then right just before the square , the Pheasant is on the right just before the Traffic lights .

And some good news the Fighting Cocks in Oakengates has now got an extra 2 handpulls so 11 in total , so if we are in luck that will be over 30 beers to choose from in 3 pubs

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

17.13 Train to Albrighton for Platform Ale House or to Codsall for
    The Station

The problem with this section is that the trains are only hourly and it would be preferable to do both these, rather than an hour in one.
    It's outside the Wellington plusbus zone, but is there a bus option to jag from Albrighton to Codsall then pick up next train to Wolverhampton..? I think maybe that wouldn't work within an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    The problem with this section is that the trains are only hourly and it would be preferable to do both these, rather than an hour in one.
    It's outside the Wellington plusbus zone, but is there a bus option to jag from Albrighton to Codsall then pick up next train to Wolverhampton..? I think maybe that wouldn't work within an hour.
    It is not possible with it being such a rural area. I checked a while back with the service 891 Albrighton to Wolves. It's a 20 min walk from the stop into Codsall! Only hourly service anyway.
    If only time for one town, Codsall has two "wildcards" as well as the station bar.
    If time for both, doing Codsall first will give 67 minutes for possible 3 pubs, leaving 43 mins for Platform Alehouse before the train to Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Only thing i can think of is a Taxi , its about a 5/6 min ride and would cost around £5 which split between 3/4 isnt to bad .