Ads not shown when logged in
Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloody Awful Beer Of The Week

Default UGH

Jelly Legs ABV 4.1% Light coloured best bitter with a well balanced bitterness. The hoppy bitterness lingers but is balanced with fruit & a pleasant dryness. The aroma is slightly floral.

If seen AVOID AVOID AVOID. Rancid,tastes like plastic. Phenolic I think is the technical term.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by an_ecumenical_matter View Post
    Jelly Legs ABV 4.1% Light coloured best bitter with a well balanced bitterness. The hoppy bitterness lingers but is balanced with fruit & a pleasant dryness. The aroma is slightly floral.

If seen AVOID AVOID AVOID. Rancid,tastes like plastic. Phenolic I think is the technical term.
    Just shows that any brewery can produce the occasional stinker. However, Milk Street 'Funky Monkey' is fantastic stuff and both Wittenden and I have had it as BOTW.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Just shows that any brewery can produce the occasional stinker. However, Milk Street 'Funky Monkey' is fantastic stuff and both Wittenden and I have had it as BOTW.
    Odd as Milk Street can do some good beer - I had Amarillo in a pub a couple of weeks ago and it was lush, this could either be an unfortunate wild yeast infection or the pub left line cleaner in the line - both of which result in the TCP / phenol taste.

BABotW? Just about every pint I've tried since last Friday. The Night Jar has gone to pot, they even managed to ruin the 'Beast. Rigwood seem to have forgotten how to brew winter beers, after the godawful Huffkin the Porter seems to be no better..........
    The only ray of hope seems to be the Cornish Porter in the Old Barn Farm as was, and they've got Jaipur..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Can't remember where I saw this but the only Ringwood beers brewed in Ringwood are the regulars, best, 49er and Old Thumper. Marstons brew the seasonals which would explain the naff Hufkin, Porter, Boondoggle etc...

Now they're planning the crime of the century, Well what will it be?

I've heard a lot about Craft Keg lately

Read all about their schemes and adventuring
    Yes it's well worth the fee
    So roll up and see

I saw some in a Leeds pub on Saturday

And they rape the universe,
    How they've gone from bad to worse

It's cloudy and a lot flatter than I expected with unpleasant carbonation felt at the back of the throat. Not one of their better efforts

Who are these men of lust, greed, and glory?

Brewdog - Sorachi – IPA is dead.

Rip off the mask and let's see.

I told you Brewdog

But that's not right - oh no, what's the story?

Nasty taste of lychee hopiness and not much more, no sign of 7.5% alcohol or indeed body.

Attachment 500

The Worst Pint Ive had in Ages was The Chancellors Revenge I had yesterday it was awful.
    It appears I'm not the only one that thought so.

http://www.maltshovel.com/blog/2007/...s-revenge.html
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Shugborough Dark Wheat , cooking awfull
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Brains Milkwood, undrinkable. I managed about 1/3 of a pint. One of the regulars suggested it was an 'acquired taste', not one I wish to acquire.

Way back in history I started this thread to complain about the "Bloody Awful" Hilden Gael Rua.

We've just spent 5 days in Belfast, home of Hilden Brewery.

There's not much real stuff around in Belfast, so when we called into the John Hewitt and saw Hilden Barneys Brew I had to have it.

It was bloody awful.

I had a chat to the manager of the Bridge House (JDW) in Belfast who have 8 changing guests.

They also have a couple of areas with barrels etc from Hilden with signs on them saying try Hilden beers brewed in Belfast.

I pointed out that they didn't actually have any Hilden beers on, and that I wouldn't have tried it if they did.

He told me "We can't sell it in here, it's crap!".

I mentioned the Barneys Brew and he said "Oh yeah that's bad, but it's not as crap as Linen Hall Bitter".

Hello Hilden, earth calling. You brew crap beer.

Strangely they also brew for College Green and their beers Headless Dog, Belfast Blonde, Mollys Chocolate Stout are all good.

I think you need to nick their recipes guys, or go out of business which looks like another option if you carry on like this.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas