Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: The Gibraltar Blog

Hybrid View

Teetotal

The Edinburgh Arms sounds a great place to spend a few hours. Look fwd to reading the report and hopefully you might have your camera back shortly. I hope the recipient of your baggage in Vienna have not taken some pics on your camera ! Wear the gold speedos with the union flag on the front covering up your PB personal best. Enjoy the good weather and a long drink.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

I'm in the pretty rough Pig & Whistle on Waterfront Rd, doing research for you lot !! and there's a newspaper clipping above the bar that says "8 days and one pair of budgie smugglers". I can only conclude that I am not the first to fall foul of the vagaries of BA's baggage handling in Gibraltar .
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by the gasman View Post
    TWear the gold speedos with the union flag on the front covering up your PB personal best. Enjoy the good weather and a long drink.
    But they are so last year gasman !!!

BTW you need to start posting some more and get rid of that teetotaller tag, it doesn't suit you. Even Lons has made spritzer swallower level ;-)
    Last edited by Millay; 11-08-2012 at 14:30.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Moving on down Waterfront I'm now in the Red Lion, more research, drinking a German lager St Pauli Girl, not sure what the ABV is but it can't be just for girls. Just won £160 on a gaming machine :-) . They could only change up £20 so i will have to carry the rest with me to the next pub. Still, it's good exercise.
    Last edited by Millay; 15-08-2012 at 16:33.

After a quick visit to the Cock & Poulet (?) am now back in Casemates Square and have found bottled Fullers beers, Pride, ESB and Honeydew in the most unlikely of places.Cafe Solo is just that a cafe but they are allowing me to sit at their bar drink Pride and use their WiFi .

In the Star Bar just me and Mamma Dee drinking Mamma Dee's Gibraltar legendary Mamma Dee's JC's mixed by the lady herself. A years old drink formulated for the Navy by Mamma Dee herself, or so she tells me. It's essentially a John Collins with gin, and as it's happy hour a double gin

Real Ale Drinker

Mame Dee sounds interesting. Will that luggage ever arrive ?

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    es I've worked out that some of these pubs are connected, I hate to use the phrase 'chain pubs as they are all very different.