Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointment of the week

In one of my local pubs I ordered a Kirkstall Three Swords and the barmaid scuttled off round the corner and came back with a pint. On tasting it I knew it wasn't Kirkstall and a quick look at the pumps showed Rudgate Jorvik Blonde on the pump next to the 3 Swords and that's what I'd got....in a Rudgate glass .....and I got charged for Kirkstall at three bob more.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

If a barmaid scuttles round the corner for a beer I like to scuttle round too to see what I am getting. Especially in a Wetherspoon's bar as I was told once "Sorry but it's alright, it's the same colour isn't it!!" Got it changed to what I wanted.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

My disappointment this week so far was waking up this morning only to realise it was no longer the weekend .
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    My disappointment this week so far was waking up this morning only to realise it was no longer the weekend .
    Ahh, but when you wake up Friday it will be the long Easter weekend ahoy
    I drink to make others more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Ahh, but when you wake up Friday it will be the long Easter weekend ahoy
    Unfortunately working Friday, Saturday and Sunday, may get Monday off.
    -W.C.Fields

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Unfortunately working Friday, Saturday and Sunday, may get Monday off.
    It's a cross some have to bear

Spot what I did there?
    I drink to make others more interesting

Not getting to the pub this week.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Not getting to the pub this week.
    I sympathise, I really do! That hollow, slightly lost feeling is dreadful. Hopefully, you raided your stash of Clutterbucks Old Horizontal, under the stairs, or had a few glasses of Chateau Wittenden, to make up for it.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    I sympathise, I really do! That hollow, slightly lost feeling is dreadful. Hopefully, you raided your stash of Clutterbucks Old Horizontal, under the stairs, or had a few glasses of Chateau Wittenden, to make up for it.
    Yes, plenty of red, chez f in law!
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

My disappointment this week is The Fox . After almost making my pub of the month in February a return visit was demanded, upon entering at about 2 0 clock Saturday with my three drinking companions I orderd a pint of Kent Cascade which the barman struggled to pull efficiently and no surprise as the barrel went as he was half way through pulling the second pint, I tasted mine and it was decent enough so stuck with it. Companion 1 chose something else which was poured and placed on the bar with a near 2 inch head, a top up was requested and to our collective amazement the young barman proceeded to top up the deficient pint from the half glass of the recently expired Cascade, a totally different beer ,a new pint was demanded and was poured and at that point ,that barrel went. In the meantime companion 2 had obtained for himself a pint of mild which he said was quite nice so companion 1 said I'll have that then, you guessed it the barrel went ,so three down two left to choose from ,both by Tiny Rebel so they should be decent, so companions 1 and three still without a beer just chose from one of the two beers left which were poured successfully we went to sit at table at which point it was discoverd both the latter beers were sour and undrinkable they were left undrunk and we all left with two who had not been there vowing to never return and leaving myself and Steve who had an enjoyable visit a couple of months ago wondering what the hell had happened to this pub.During our short stay we learnt it was only the young barmans second day in the job and he obviously hadn't been trained in any proper way, there was a young female also behind the bar but she seemed equally clueless. There also did not seem much urgency to replace the missing beers, I too will have to think hard about making another visit here in the near future.
    -W.C.Fields