Ads not shown when logged in
Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Your plans in upcoming weeks

It is the same sort of thing as the Heritage Open Days held across the rest of England last weekend, but quite why 'Lahndin' has to be different, I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    It is the same sort of thing as the Heritage Open Days held across the rest of England last weekend, but quite why 'Lahndin' has to be different, I don't know...
    Hi rpadam,

2 years ago they decided to move the Open House Weekend one week later so that it didn't clash with the Lord Mayors Thames festival which was last weekend.

And for trainman and the rest , yes you can pick up the paper brochure in most London Libraries.

But to search on the web, the best way is to go to
    http://www.londonopenhouse.org/public/london/find/

and then type in 'City of London' as an area for example and 'show 50' and that will bring up an active map with description of all the open houses in that area.
    A few are ticket only where you need to apply in advance ( The Gerkin and PO tower for example), but the rest are non-ticket , but expect to queue for the big ones like Lloyds, Band of England, The Express Building and the bigger Livery company halls.

I've been doing it for a few years now and have got round most of the Livery company halls and these are well worth a visit.
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    My plans for upcoming weeks..

Tick off 3 pubs at Warton, Warwickshire
    Tick off one remaining pub in Sutton Coldfield district (Oak n Ash, Walmley)
    Tick off new JDW (Thomas Leper) and Brewery Tap at Derby after Cricket match (Derbyshire Vs Loughborough Uni)
    Tick off closest pub I never been to, Gamecock Inn at Birchmoor.

Plus few plans is in works...
    I have forgotten about this thread so

So far I have ticked off Thomas Leper which bought me 103th JDW and Brewery Tap in August

Done Oak n Ash to complete collection of Sutton Coldfield.

I never got around to Gamecock Inn or 3 pubs in Warton
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Did we all hibernate for the winter?

Now that the weather is warming up and the days are getting longer I have been stretching my planning brain, including holiday plans.

So to kick off, in the near future I will be:

sampling the JDW beer festival in Birmingham;
    visiting the Walsall CAMRA beer festival on 15th April at its new home of Walsall college http://walsallcamra.co.uk/Beerfestivals.aspx;
    re-visiting my best of Walsall Central pub crawl http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/crawl/vi....php?crawl=741 after the last Walsall home game of the season;
    doing the Severn Valley Railway crawl again http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/crawl/vi....php?crawl=482 (I can't stay away!)
    doing the Sheffield Valley of Beer;
    and looking forward to exploring new ground in Dorset and north Norfolk
    Waes hael!

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

We are spending a bit of time in Belgium next week sampling a few foreign beers, and then have a few days in a Sheffield Travelodge for the AGM and crawl round the valley of beer.

Easter will be at the Egham USC beer festival that I have heard lots of good reports of, but never been, then move on to Oxford as we can catch a train from there to Reading beer festival as it is a few years since we managed that one. From Oxford we move on to Banbury for the excellent beer festival there.

I'm being dragged down to Bournemouth on Friday for a weekender to watch Bournemouth v Charlton and then head off to the Isle of Wight Saturday night for a couple of days. I am sure there may be a few pubs involved.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Hibernation now definitely over,and the boat is making slow progress up to the Midlands.The main aim is to get to Lichfield by the end of April and avoid the Royal Wedding by doing some serious navigating over that extended weekend.Besides Lichfield ,night time stops will include Burton,Derby and Ilkeston on an interesting voyage up the Trent and Mersey and the Erewash Valley.Should be a fine ale cruise as well.

May and June will be spent drifting around South Staffs with a trip to a dry dock to get the bottom blacked (technical boating term!) possibly in Tipton,so a trip on the rarely used Walsall Canal to the Town Wharf is likely at some stage to sample the delights and hopefully meet up with some of the local reviewers.

Early July is the annual weekly holiday starting in Brum,then Kinver,Worcester,Gloucester,Tewksbury,Droitwich,se cond night in Brum,Knowle and finishing in Lapworth.The rest of the year will be a gradual move towards London,maybe via Oxford and The Thames Valley.

It would be good to meet local PuGers on the route,so I will keep in touch with progress on the forum.

A week in North Cornwall for me followed by a visit to http://siba.co.uk/?m=20110414&cat=4

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Hibernation now definitely over,and the boat is making slow progress up to the Midlands.The main aim is to get to Lichfield by the end of April and avoid the Royal Wedding by doing some serious navigating over that extended weekend.Besides Lichfield ,night time stops will include Burton,Derby and Ilkeston on an interesting voyage up the Trent and Mersey and the Erewash Valley.Should be a fine ale cruise as well.
    Hi BF,

When going up the Erewash canal Sawley is worth a visit 5 pubs and 4 of them have real ale on,Sandiacre has got 5 pubs 4 open at moment and they all have real ale on,Once in Ilkeston the Gallows inn next to a lock now has real ale on and in the town centre i would advise visiting the Poacher and Spanish bar these are almost opposite each other and have a very good choice of real ales on.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    a trip on the rarely used Walsall Canal to the Town Wharf is likely at some stage to sample the delights and hopefully meet up with some of the local reviewers.

Early July is the annual weekly holiday starting in Brum,...,second night in Brum,Knowle and finishing in Lapworth.It would be good to meet local PuGers on the route,so I will keep in touch with progress on the forum.
    Keep us posted !
    Waes hael!