Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Speedy ROB

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Grey View Post
    The only problem is that some of the information on the What Pub site hasn't been updated. I've noticed a few supposedly closed pubs on What Pub, that have been reopened recently.
    I assume you've submitted a feedback form to notify the branch?

The trouble is some CAMRA branches are so much better than others in keeping their info up to date. There's a branch with more pubs than members, and when you've got nearly 800 open pubs in your patch and only a handful of active members it is hard to keep track of everything that's happening to them. That's why they rely on people telling them when something's not up to date. But I have to admit to being a bit frustrated when I go to the trouble of submitting a photograph and writing up a pub and it doesn't get actioned.

At the moment I'm not a contributer to What Pub, but I discussed it with my partner who is CAMRA member. He has given me permission to use his membership number to make corrections on the site. I hope people will not view this as a disloyalty to Pubs Galore.

I hope people will not view this as a disloyalty to Pubs Galore.
    I can't believe anyone would think that! Both sites currently have different, and equally valid, functions. It's a bit like having two pubs that you regularly use.

I must confess that I didn't realise that the WhatPub update function was only available to CAMRA members. Live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    Both sites currently have different, and equally valid, functions.
    I agree and refer to both sites and the GBG if going somewhere, but tend to be more influenced by the GBG unless there is something new in the area or a small brewer's tied house oh, and how could I forget, a Spoons!
    It is frustrating when you submit something to Whatpub and don't hear anything for weeks, although the same happens here to a lesser extent but there is the Pending Approval feature which lets you see what is outstanding.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    It is frustrating when you submit something to Whatpub and don't hear anything for weeks, although the same happens here to a lesser extent but there is the Pending Approval feature which lets you see what is outstanding.
    Blasphemy. I've had a picture approved in less than a minute and nearly all 2nd generation map points corrected on here apart from a couple of recent ones. Wiltshire WP response I've managed to fully deweed the drive and wait for the weeds to grow again prior to getting an update/acknowledged. Bristol and Borders responded but doubted my input, on here nobody questions my suggestions.

This place allows for a more rapid response and better update of details generally without doubting or a general lack of response that they may eventually respond too.

Oh and don't get me started on Bath & Borders as it's tempting me to join CAMRA as nobody seems to have a clue there, maybe as Rex_Rattus says they may be a area short of members with a lot of pubs to keep on top of.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Blasphemy. I've had a picture approved in less than a minute and nearly all 2nd generation map points corrected on here apart from a couple of recent ones. Wiltshire WP response I've managed to fully deweed the drive and wait for the weeds to grow again prior to getting an update/acknowledged. Bristol and Borders responded but doubted my input, on here nobody questions my suggestions.

This place allows for a more rapid response and better update of details generally without doubting or a general lack of response that they may eventually respond too.

Oh and don't get me started on Bath & Borders as it's tempting me to join CAMRA as nobody seems to have a clue there, maybe as Rex_Rattus says they may be a area short of members with a lot of pubs to keep on top of.
    I did say "to a lesser extent" and was not complaining!
    I had a map correction and a couple of new or amended pubs outstanding for well over a week (I didn't make an exact note of how long).
    With Whatpub some North London pictures I sent took a month while East London stuff hasn't had anything done. Other London branches have been good with their response.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    I must confess that I didn't realise that the WhatPub update function was only available to CAMRA members. Live and learn.
    I don't think the update function is restricted to CAMRA members, I tried clicking on the link provided on the pub details page, but it is non functioning at the moment. Perhaps I should try to contact the CAMRA branch directly.

I don't think the update function is restricted to CAMRA members, I tried clicking on the link provided on the pub details page, but it is non functioning at the moment. Perhaps I should try to contact the CAMRA branch directly.
    I have received several "non member updates" via the Email link, but this is not as good as the member "Submit update" link and as it says above, was "non functioning" on my last check (not giving an email address to send to). I will contact What Pub admin.

UPDATE - I have received a couple of replies saying "working for me, you must have a local software problem."
    You must have the same problem as me!
    Has anyone else tried the non-member email update?
    Last edited by AlanH; 11-06-2014 at 16:42.

I'll stay on me own

[QUOTE=Aqualung;65662]I did say "to a lesser extent" and was not complaining!
    I had a map correction and a couple of new or amended pubs outstanding for well over a week (I didn't make an exact note of how long).

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I did say "to a lesser extent" and was not complaining!

Ive got two new pubs to add to the site which have been waiting since 28th Feb and 1st March 2014,but i am not complaining,they will get added in time,they are closed pubs so i will wait and see when they appear on the site.

The Admins on this site helped me out quite a lot when my son first joined me up to it (i would'nt have the faintest idea how to join a site like this ) so i have no problem if they are struggleing to get things done.

On a happier note my next crawl will get me past the 11,000 pubs done.

I'll stay on me own

Not sure what went wrong there,my quote now seems to be from Aqualung and not me,

just goes to show how thick i am at useing ths site