Ads not shown when logged in
Page 7 of 94 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Still able to drink while on the phone so now on
    magic Rock --dark arts hazelnut stout.
    nice but one dimensional strong aroma of hazelnuts
    7/10
    Yes, hazelnuts are tricky. There was one that Neepsend did a couple of years ago - I came across it when I was scoping the pubs in NuL for our pub crawl there. It was very subtle, with the nutty flavour developing gradually. If the proportion of nuts had been wrong it would have been nutty to start with, then nuttier and nuttier. Subtlety is the name of the game (and not just with hazelnuts, I would say).

best Dark Arts I had was at a Craft Beer Co festival where they have one with rosehips . The only rosehip beer I have had easily 9/10
    Sounds fascinating. Was it sweet? Or bitter? I once made a wine with rosehips, but it was a lot of hard work for a not terribly rewarding result.
    Last edited by sheffield hatter; 28-03-2020 at 21:05.
    Come On You Hatters!

Default Tonight at the Sheffield Hatter's Inn

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I can hear a pint of Harvey's Sussex Best Bitter calling...
    ...and followed by a bottle of Fullers 1845 6.3%. Bottle conditioned, with the earthy maltiness balanced with a hint of Seville orange marmalade.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Yes, hazelnuts are tricky. There was one that Neepsend did a couple of years ago - I came across it when I was scoping the pubs in NuL for our pub crawl there. It was very subtle, with the nutty flavour developing gradually. If the proportion of nuts had been wrong it would have been nutty to start with, then nuttier and nuttier. Subtlety is the name of the game (and not just with hazelnuts, I would say).
    Sounds fascinating. Was it sweet? Or bitter? I once made a wine with rosehips, but it was a lot of hard work for a not terribly rewarding result.
    Just a great stout with a slightly sweeter taste but you could taste the rosehips.I remember getting rosehip syrup as a child .Loved it .I have tried load of expensive beers and bought them because of the exotic ingredients thinking they would dominate the beer only to find they had disappeared during the brewing process. Really surprised how hazelnutty that last beer was considering hazelnuts too me(although I have not ate one in the last 20 years)don't have a strong flavour.

This Space For Hire

Just finishing Vocation -breakfast club .Good beer but am not tasting the blueberry flavour that I noticed when it first came out.

7/10

This Space For Hire

Now drinking Vocation -love and hate.As new England ipa ,s go this is as good as it gets.I love this style. What a great brewer.Drank loads from them and they just seem to nail it every time.
    9/10 would have ben 9.5/ 10 but cant score it although 19/20

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Next one

2020-03-28 21.48.42.jpg

Vocation Life & Death 6.5% .A lot more subtle than the Elvis Juice,a US style IPA with a broader array of fruit tastes,some tropical and citrus.Well balanced with good finishing bitterness I've had this on cask and it was one of the BOTY last year.9/10
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 28-03-2020 at 22:09.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

...but am not tasting the blueberry flavour that I noticed when it first came out.
    Maybe it's because of drinking the Jaipur first? (See Mick's response about my disappointing first try at the Black Sheep Imperial Russian. #29)
    Come On You Hatters!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Now drinking Vocation -love and hate.As new England ipa ,s go this is as good as it gets.I love this style. What a great brewer.Drank loads from them and they just seem to nail it every time.
    How strong is that ?
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    How strong is that ?
    "Traditionalists love beer that’s crystal clear, with restrained hops, and a delicate flavour. They’re going to hate this… Love & Hate is our juicily crushable, unapologetically murky, New-England pale ale. An authentic Vermont yeast strain and a big dose of oats work together with our triple dry-hopping process to create beautiful aromas and a silky mouthful."

7.2%
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    How strong is that ?
    it tastes 4.0