Ads not shown when logged in
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Pubs Galore Meet Up - Friday 12 November - Birmingham

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Oh dear, sorry I let my enthusiasm run away with me. Guess I'll just have to do my own quality control on the Salisbury pubs this week then.
    Always nice to see people being helpful, I will just ask for Mordor next time instead

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Do I take it then that us that can get there early go to the Welly (opens 10am) and grab tables, rather than the Briar.

Fine by me, will be plenty to keep us going. Then bus to Bartons Arms as and when. Those without twirly passes may find a daysaver, or group daysaver ticket worth it so you can hop on and off the bus to save walking and give more drinking time. 33.34.51.52 to Bartons, then when back into town, catch the 50 as it drops outside the Anchor. White Swan and Lamp are walkable, then 35 or 50 back into town to go round any centre pubs.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Do I take it then that us that can get there early go to the Welly (opens 10am) and grab tables, rather than the Briar.

Fine by me, will be plenty to keep us going. Then bus to Bartons Arms as and when. Those without twirly passes may find a daysaver, or group daysaver ticket worth it so you can hop on and off the bus to save walking and give more drinking time. 33.34.51.52 to Bartons, then when back into town, catch the 50 as it drops outside the Anchor. White Swan and Lamp are walkable, then 35 or 50 back into town to go round any centre pubs.
    Gill, I think Roger only mentioned the Briar as a pit stop for a hearty breakfast. Am I right in thinking you can buy a day saver ticket on a bus?
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

I wouldn't think the Welly would get that busy until the lunch times kick in. If there is time after my 'Spoons brekky, I wouldn't mind doing a quick lucky dip pub in the area before hitting the Welly. The main wave of people will be arriving at around 11.30/11.45 so I reckon if we can bag a table or two around 11.30 in the Welly, we should be OK.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

The adult daysaver costs £3.50 and can be bought on the first bus you travel on.

There is a regional daysaver 5 which I have used before, also from the bus where up to 5 people can travel for £7.50. It wouldn't matter if the group using it changed, as long as it is no more than 5 of you.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    The adult daysaver costs £3.50

There is a regional daysaver 5 which I have used before, also from the bus where up to 5 people can travel for £7.50..
    I'm gonna try to blag a plusbus (day) ticket (£2.20) when I arrive at New St - I should've bought one with my train ticket, but couldn't get train travel for 2 with bus for just 1.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Various bits of brown stuff have been hitting the mobile cooling equipment at work today but I think I’ve sorted most of it out and can leave with a clear conscience. Now if I can just avoid those 10% beers at the Euston Tap on the way home I might be in a reasonable state for tomorrow.

Think my ETA New St is 11:45 and based on recent posts will head for the Welly.

Just remembered I promised Trainman I’d try to find an appropriate avatar for the day, will do that tonight.

There’s a possibility that Grailhunter might join us although as he hasn’t posted I fear he may not make it.

See you tomorrow
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I'm gonna try to blag a plusbus (day) ticket (£2.20) when I arrive at New St - I should've bought one with my train ticket, but couldn't get train travel for 2 with bus for just 1.
    Can you do that? Thought you had to get the PlusBus at the same time as the train ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Always nice to see people being helpful, I will just ask for Mordor next time instead
    Which post town is Mordor in, all I can find is Morden? There is also the Jockshire place of Morar. Salisbury is full of nice pubs though - no Orcs (usually)

Current beer board in the Wellington (A is pale, E is dark) http://www.thewellingtonrealale.co.uk/beerboard.php:

I hope he puts some MILD on by tomorrow - current stock: http://www.thewellingtonrealale.co.uk/beersinstock.php

By the way, if anyone drinks London Pride I've got 3 vouchers, kindly donated by a colleague, for a complimentary pint to use in the Welly or Joint Stock. If you ask me you can have them.
    Last edited by Andy Ven; 11-11-2010 at 21:20.
    Waes hael!