Ads not shown when logged in
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Brighton Spring 2018

Alas I won't be able to make it - hectic day at work in the offing but the bonus is that they're then paying me to go to Hull for a conference next week so I am going up on Saturday for a few ticks before thing starts on Monday!

Enjoy Brighton y'all.

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

In the unlikely event of Network Rail and Southern/Thameslink being able to run a reliable train service on the day, I'd hope to catch you in the Prince Albert just before 6:00. I can keep tabs on any postings as the day progresses.

Anybody who fancies a few souvenirs, or one or two for the train home, might like to call in on Trafalgar Wines on the way up Trafalgar Street. You won't all fit in at once, and anybody unsteady on their feet is advised to give it a miss as it's really not a large place. Trafalgar Wines is, though, a great craft beer off-licence, with a huge range, right across the price range.
    Last edited by PaulOfHorsham; 21-03-2018 at 20:53.
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    In the unlikely event of Network Rail and Southern/Thameslink being able to run a reliable train service on the day, I'd hope to catch you in the Prince Albert just before 6:00. I can keep tabs on any postings as the day progresses.
    Looking at the proposed timings and going by the fact that not many people have expressed the need to leave particularly early I wouldn't be surprised if we are just leaving the Admiral at around 6. Do you have any contact details to check where we are if there are no postings on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Looking at the proposed timings and going by the fact that not many people have expressed the need to leave particularly early I wouldn't be surprised if we are just leaving the Admiral at around 6.
    I'd expect a bit of slippage in those timings, but nearly two hours late leaving the Admiral is just, well, it's decadent, that's what it is.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I'd expect a bit of slippage in those timings, but nearly two hours late leaving the Admiral is just, well, it's decadent, that's what it is.
    If we decided to do 4 of the tapas as a group I think it could happen and yes that would be very decadent.

Hope you have a good journey down. We're just about to head off and will likely be out in Hove tonight - planning to try out the The Watchmakers Arms and will probably have a quick one in Cliftonville Inn (JD Wetherspoon) if they have the festival rhubarb cider. Then meeting up with some people in The Blind Busker from about 7:30. If you are around Hove and fancy catching up let me know.

... will likely be out in Hove tonight - planning to try out the The Watchmakers Arms and will probably have a quick one in Cliftonville Inn (JD Wetherspoon) if they have the festival rhubarb cider. Then meeting up with some people in The Blind Busker from about 7:30. If you are around Hove and fancy catching up let me know.
    I've got plans in the same direction tonight, though as I am boycotting 'Spoons you won't see me in the Cliftonville Inn. Maybe the Blind Busker though. I've sent you a PM.
    Come On You Hatters!

693AA2E6-C918-4BC7-9AC0-1DF79BA89928.jpeg. The advanced party has arrived
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

If we decided to do 4 of the tapas as a group I think it could happen and yes that would be very decadent.

Hope you have a good journey down. We're just about to head off and will likely be out in Hove tonight - planning to try out the The Watchmakers Arms and will probably have a quick one in Cliftonville Inn (JD Wetherspoon) if they have the festival rhubarb cider. Then meeting up with some people in The Blind Busker from about 7:30. If you are around Hove and fancy catching up let me know.
    Already bumped into Will.. we are staying along Brighton sea front this evening and then finishing with a couple in the back streets of Kempton near our digs. So see you all tomorrow
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Beat me to it, my train was late and I made The Mitre for about 4:30, three out of four dark beers on can you believe it? Now up the hill in Hanover.

Which spoons and what time?