Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Quinno's 2016 challenge

I’ve been to 210/265.

The highest rated pub name that I have not visited is number 48 - Bay Horse 90
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I’ve been to 210/265.

The highest rated pub name that I have not visited is number 48 - Bay Horse 90
    Drank in the Bay Horse bar Dundee in 1970 following in the footsteps of my dad, my uncle James and my grandfather.Less than 10p a pint.

Well I think this is the final list for Quinnos 2016 challenge. Best of luck to anyone else who is going to take a stab at it!

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/stats/ch...e/quinno/2016/

In addition the ability for everyone to record their pub visits is under development.

I've made an assumption that if you've reviewed a pub up to now then you probably also visited it. There is currently no way to remove that recorded 'visit' where it isn't actually the case. Lots more coming soon, I hope.

This Space For Hire

I've added date to one of my locals The Royal Oak can't see anything telling me the date I've selected though unless I'm missing something.

OK you need to stay on the quinno link to filter on yes/no's of popular names if you've ticked a yes and added a date.

Further edit OK a pub i went in years ago has a yes tick against it and my name because I reviewed it years ago.

Good WIP. Will ROBCamra be able to see a visit date before shutting something that you've been in as open 2 days before/because the internet/whatpub suggests otherwise?
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 02-01-2016 at 00:56.

Still working my way through the list ticking off my unreviewed pubs from years ago , I notice this one is missing that I have reviewed
    The Station Pizza Kitchen and Bar.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    I've added date to one of my locals The Royal Oak can't see anything telling me the date I've selected though unless I'm missing something.

OK you need to stay on the quinno link to filter on yes/no's of popular names if you've ticked a yes and added a date.

Further edit OK a pub i went in years ago has a yes tick against it and my name because I reviewed it years ago.

Good WIP. Will ROBCamra be able to see a visit date before shutting something that you've been in as open 2 days before/because the internet/whatpub suggests otherwise?
    As you've noticed there is nothing yet on specific pub pages to suggest a visit has been recorded.

Clearly I need to get that done, that interface will need to allow you to record multiple visits which is something I haven't quite got my head around yet.

Also as to whether others will be able to see visit date - need to give some thought to that whole area as there might be privacy concerns. For example if I put a button on the mobile version of a pub page saying "I'm here now" would people really want it advertised to the world that they are at a pub right now. I think I know how I'm going to work that, but not quite there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Still working my way through the list ticking off my unreviewed pubs from years ago , I notice this one is missing that I have reviewed
    The Station Pizza Kitchen and Bar.
    The problem I have is that I have written some code to strip common endings from names, such as "Hotel", "Inn" and the like. I did start to get into the more obscure so I included "Bar and Kitchen", "Kitchen and Bar", "Pub and Kitchen". This means that my popular name system currently thinks that venue is called Station Pizza. I've now added it to the Station list - which may cheer up Quinno as he hasn't been there and it isn't too far for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Still working my way through the list ticking off my unreviewed pubs from years ago.
    Actually, on that note if you go to a town page such as http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/towns/fleet/hampshire/ you should have a new button on the right hand side under "page tools" that allows you to go and mark off visited pubs by town.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Actually, on that note if you go to a town page such as http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/towns/fleet/hampshire/ you should have a new button on the right hand side under "page tools" that allows you to go and mark off visited pubs by town.
    Wow ,thats good.
    -W.C.Fields

I've now added it to the Station list - which may cheer up Quinno as he hasn't been there and it isn't too far for him!
    He's not missing much, apart from the tick of course.
    -W.C.Fields

Well I think this is the final list for Quinnos 2016 challenge. Best of luck to anyone else who is going to take a stab at it!

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/stats/ch...e/quinno/2016/

In addition the ability for everyone to record their pub visits is under development.

I've made an assumption that if you've reviewed a pub up to now then you probably also visited it. There is currently no way to remove that recorded 'visit' where it isn't actually the case. Lots more coming soon, I hope.
    Many thanks for the work you've put into this Dave, it's going to be an epic challenge but I reckon I can do it...

My mystery birthday holiday is fast approaching (Jan 7th) so the first ticks will be rolling in soon...!!